The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2005 entrée: J.C. Wagner » » The Fab Four Revisited & more. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Hi J.C. and welcome,
Re: "The Commercial Magic of...." the book.

Fab Four is a standby of mine for several years and can almost be done entirely in hand.
The idea of reproducing the Aces in the four different ways is excellent.
The only thing that bothers me a bit when I do it is the shuffle of the ten cards.
Any suggestions?

I want to thank you for all the work you put into your magic effects.
Bandarama
The Card Under the Drink
Poor Man's Matrix
Whispering Wagner
All these work for me and are terrific!!!

Thanks again.
Best to ya,
JCWagner
View Profile
1944 - 2010
100 Posts

Profile of JCWagner
Hi Jaz, Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you found something of mine you can use. As for those ten cards you mentioned< I'm going to release to every body here at the Café, my new version of Fab Four out of Commerical Magic. I think you will like the new handling that I have put togehter on this.

Fab Four Revisited

First of all, you'll need a crimped card. Corner,breather or what have you on the bottom of the deck. Next, place any Seven on top of your crimp card and you are all set. With the face's toward you, thumb over the first three or four cards in to your right hand and seperate your hands so you can thumb on top of those three or four cards, ten cards. As you are doing this, you might run across an Ace. If you do, simply up jug it and continue thumbing cards till you have ten cards. Now seperate your hands again so you can push over more cards behind those in your right hand up jogging the Ace's as you come to them. When you have the Ace's up jogged, strip them all out and place them face up in front of you in Chased order: Clubs,Hearts,spades and diamonds. You now thumb over all the cards up to but not including that seven and turn them face down and place them behind the Ace of Clubs.taking the rest of the cards, you thumb over about 12 or 13 cardsand place them behind the Ace of hearts. Continue the same way for the last two Ace's. Now, you pick up the packet behind the Ace of Clubs and fan it face down in your left hand. Pick up the Ace of Clubs and insert it fifth from the bottom face down,leaving it out jogged. Square up the packet and have your spectator push the Ace flush with the packet. Pick up the next Ace, Hearts, and place it face down on top of the packet in your hands out jogged like the first Ace was. Pick up the packet that was behind that Ace and place square on top of the packet and let your helper push that one in too. Next, take the Ace of Spades and place it face down onto the packet on the table out jogged as before. Take the cards in you left hand and place them on top of the packet on the table leaving the Ace out jogged as before.Pick everything up as before but place your thumb across the back of the packet and apply a little pressure on the baks of the cards. let them push the Ace in flush but because of the pressure of you left thumb, some cards will out jogg in the rear or closest to you. Do'nt square up the packet just yet. Turn the last Ace face down onto it's packet behind it and cut the packet in your hands at the injog. You'll be cutting so you will have one indifferent card at the face and the Ace of Spades second from the face of that small packet so it looks like you have cut it in half placing the cut off portion onto the last Ace. You come back to the left hand and take whats left and place it on top of the packet on the table. All it should look like is you've cut the packet in your hands in half and placed one half on top first then the other ontop of all on the table. Pick up all the cards and let them push it in flush. Now you tell them you are going to cut to an Ace. Spread the cards first showing all the cards are face down, then square them up and cut to your crimp card Placing that top half to your left. Your cut should be around a third from the top of the deck.Pick up the bottom half where you cut and spread over two cards and get a break on the second card from the top as you turn over the top single card to show them a Seven.Your going to use a move of Marlo's here which is this. You grab the face-up seven and the card below it and turn them so you can place the ywo cards on the bottom of the deck so the seven shows at the face as it should and the reversed Ace of Hearts is second from the face. All your doing really is taking those two cards and turning the deck face up and placing them onto the face of the deck. But you can make it look like you just flip them over onto the bottom of the deck. The move is called, Florish to reverse. Tell them you will count down seven cards. Do so and count six cards and turn over the seventh card to show them an Ace.Place the Ace to your left of the table and place the cards in your hands on top of the cut off pile. Take the counted cards and place them on top of all. Deck is square as you hand the Ace to them face up and tell them to wave it over the deck. Ask them if they know what that does. tell them it excites another Ace to turn over in the pack. Here you spread the deck face down to reveal the Ace of Hearts has turned face up in the deck. Remove the Ace and place it beside the other Ace. Square up the spread and show no Ace's on the top and turn the deck face up and spread a few cards to show no ace's on the bottom. Turn the deck face down and place it on the table. tell them there's two Ace's left and to name one of them. What ever Ace they name you can spell to it one card at a time, either Spades or Diamonds! This is just like I had before in Commercial Magic. So if you have my book you know what to due now. The finish for the last Ace is also the same as before. If some of you out there don't have my book or vido/D.V.D then I suggest you get a copy. I think you'll find favor with this Jaz since you will allready know what due do next in the routine so far. If there is enough of intrest, I may let you all in on how to finish this wonderfull routine. Let me know what you all think, OK. Best, J.C.
Check out my magic here.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Wow... this is a real treat.

JC was gracious enough to walk me through this routine months back and it really is a killer.

I am sure all of the Café members that learn this routine will enjoy it just as much as I have.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Thanks J.C.,

I have to work with this later.
Your unexpected generosity is deeply appreciated.

Best to ya,
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
I use Fab Four all the time ,and Super Closer,
Commercial magic is one my all time favorite magic books,
and I just got F.M.J.
I cant help but be curious as to what Ricky Jay traded for your Super Closer.
Thanks J.C. for your wonderfull contributions to our art.
Eric
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
I use Fab Four all the time ,and Super Closer,
Commercial magic is one my all time favorite magic books,
and I just got F.M.J.
I cant help but be curious as to what Ricky Jay traded for your Super Closer.
Thanks J.C. for your wonderfull contributions to our art.
Eric
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
JCWagner
View Profile
1944 - 2010
100 Posts

Profile of JCWagner
E-Man, To answer your question, if you look in Commerical Magic under Fab Four, your answer is all there.

J.C.
Check out my magic here.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Hi J.C.,

I just got to read your description.
After a few minutes I realized that it reads a heck lot more like "J.C.'s Fabulous Four Ace Routine" than "The Fab Four Revisited".

While I did put "The Fab Four Revisited" in the topic I should have been more specific in the message body and typed the full title too.

However, after reading your description it gave me some ideas. I worked a bit on an alternative for the initial ten card shuffle, which uses a ten spot card for "The Fab Four Revisited", and came up with some possibilies that I'll play with a bit more.

Thanks,
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
That's a great idea JC! I'm going to practice now!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2005 entrée: J.C. Wagner » » The Fab Four Revisited & more. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL