The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Top ten Ways To Instantly lose respect on the Magic Café (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The kite only rises when going against the wind.....Don't know how that applies but I like it. LOL
Not having a sense of humor.....
Get it!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Beth
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
277 Posts

Profile of Beth
Quote:
On 2005-08-01 20:04, Alan Wheeler wrote:
I have seen people lose respect at the Magic Café for asking simple questions and for disagreeing with the conventional wisdom and popular opinions of magic. So whether right or wrong, one can lose respect here by revealing ignorance or by questioning dogma.

alan

I can't express how important I think it is to speak the truth as you see it, regardless of whether it goes against popular opinion. Besides a lot of popular opinion has little to do with truth, and a lot to do with money and networking. I think it's important to be respectful even when others are not. It shows you are the bigger person, but we have to speak out about what we believe. Just because everyone says the emperors clothes are beautiful doesn't mean he isn't naked. (...and if you never read that fairy tale...well then nevermind lol.)
Peace Beth

Posted: Aug 1, 2005 9:13pm
Quote:
On 2005-08-01 19:47, Dr_Stephen_Midnight wrote:
Try this well-worn approach:

"Hi, I'm the greatest in the world! I've done more for this art than any man living; You know it; I know it! I invented everything and did it better than anyone else! You say you invented that effect?!? Come to the convention with your videos and press clippings to prove it, and I'll bring mine to prove you wrong!
I know everything, I never lie and I'm always right! I'm a pro and you're a coackroach whose name I never heard of, you insignificant pleb!
Bow down before me!"

Don't you just love those types?

Steve

OMG that is so freaking funny I had to read it aloud to everyone in the house. (...yeah, they love it when I make them listen to stuff ) BTW I think we must hang out with the same ppl Steve. Hey I'll look for you lol
"All creative art is magic, is evocation of the unseen in forms persuasive,enlightening, familar, and surprising."
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
One might try this approach:
-----------------------------------

Dood, I saw this neat trick on penguin he put the card in his hand and it chnged to another card how does he do it don't tell me to look in a book I did and it wasnt thier

oh and also how did that guy on the show do that thing with the box where he put the lady in and made her pop out of the other box that was mad kool.

SANKEY ROOLZ LOL LOL LOL LOL
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
ROFL!!!(again!!!)
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I've got my bizarre act all ready and I have this great idea for a card trick. Has anyone tried turning over two cards at the same time? They are thin and I bet you could get away with it. Has this been done? I want to make sure before I put this revolutionary concept on my next DVD.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-08-01 22:10, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
I've got my bizarre act all ready and I have this great idea for a card trick. Has anyone tried turning over two cards at the same time? They are thin and I bet you could get away with it. Has this been done? I want to make sure before I put this revolutionary concept on my next DVD.

Wow! When will you release that DVD? That sounds like a brilliant move! Who said you need to look into the old classics to get the good stuff!? Smile

Greg

P.S. by the way, I'm going to have my own DVD. I realized that most of the effects I've been seeing others do use Bicycle cards... I do them all with Bee's so you know it's different. And I know Sneak Thief usually uses four or five people... get this... my routine uses 10! It's brilliant! Oh, and I do a Cannibal Card trick that uses only Jokers... It's totally hot and new... because it uses jokers.
And I've got the newest take on a matrix routine... I put the coins in a straight line and cover them with a credit card... and, surprise, I use nickels in my routine! It's so different I don't know why it's never been done that way!!
And my big one effect killer... this one has to be in a manuscript all its own!!! PK Touches done in the dark and on yourself. You don't even need a spectator. It's cool!!! You do it to yourself then it fools you then you tell everyone what happened. They won't believe it! And when you turn the lights on you've now changed into a full clown outfit so you know you're ready to do some killer spoon bending!
I'm also working on a few products: a wallet that you can peek stuff inside of it once someone writes something in it... It will be called The Cornelius Unseen Caper Case. And I have a watch that makes the hands move really fast when you want it to... it's called Time To Watch and Wear This Watch.
I can't believe no one has ever come up with this stuff! Man, I've been into magic since Thursday and the ideas are just popping in there. Penguin will be carrying my 10 part DVD series and 1000 page book by next month.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
#10. My Classic force is so good nobody ever questions it
#9. I don't have any money for books could someone make me a copy
#8. I have some copies of books I'd like to trade or sell
#7. What does TT mean?
#6. What is Dai Vernon's real name?
#5. I just got into magic how much should I charge for a show?
#4. What's a routine?
#3. I just invented a new trick, how can I market it?
#2. What's the best _______ trick.
and the number 1 best way to lose respect................ Drum Roll ................ Tedious ain't it?

#1. Ellusionist ROCKS!!!!!!

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
dragonchaos91
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of dragonchaos91
Quote:
On 2005-08-02 00:10, Frank Tougas wrote:

#1. Ellusionist ROCKS!!!!!!

Frank Tougas

Ahh man, I must have like no respect then. Lol!!
I would have to say one great way to loose respect on the magic Café would be "Where can I learn some free tricks, I don't want to spend $30 on this book."
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
For me?

#1: Ask too many questions!
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
Quote:
On 2005-08-01 21:46, JohnLamberti wrote:
One might try this approach:
-----------------------------------
Dood, I saw this neat trick on penguin he put the card in his hand and it chnged to another card how does he do it don't tell me to look in a book I did and it wasnt thier

oh and also how did that guy on the show do that thing with the box where he put the lady in and made her pop out of the other box that was mad kool.

SANKEY ROOLZ LOL LOL LOL LOL

Spot on! I think I read that very post, penned by someone tagged HODINNI_ROCK'S.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Or my favorite...

"Yo... what tricks will get me some fine girls to go out with me?"
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Referring to "Expert at the Card Table", EACT, by the name of it's fictitious and obviously constructed pseudonym 'S. W. Erdnase' by the term "Erdnase", capitalizing such (not even a fictitious person folks, capitalization not required) and then writing about the intent of the person.

Even more appalling is when someone does gambling demonstrations and flourishes, as such demonstrates they have not understood the work they pretend to cite and the "author" they venerate. Come to think of it, that behavior gives a second meaning to the word venerate Smile
Schismatized
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Schismatized
Jimtron, isn't questions what this forum is here for? I can see if they are asking question like teach me this trick but just general questions?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

It's cool schismatized.. he's taking a jibe at me as I often post using leading questions.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Gentleman:

I was poking fun at myself, because it's recently been pointed out that I ask a lot of questions and I seem to be annoying some people. I see nothing wrong with asking lots of questions, even when Jonathan does it! No jibe intended sir.

-Jim
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Touche!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Asking questions is one thing. Ignoring or being disrespectful to the answers one gets is entirely another. Smile
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
"Hi, I just built my own Zig-Zag this afternoon, but I have a problem that maybe you can solve. When you push out the middle, how do you keep the top part from falling down?
Yours Truly,
The Magnificent Naiveiniiniini"

(based on a true story)

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
If you wanna lose respect in the Café start posts sayng how to lose respect Smile eh eh eh Smile lol

or how do you do htis? I don't want the meythod.. just say how its done... come on.. Ill be your best friend Smile
Magical Lady
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Magical Lady
Quote:
On 2005-08-04 11:29, Tom Cutts wrote:
Asking questions is one thing. Ignoring or being disrespectful to the answers one gets is entirely another. Smile

In view of the fact that this is my first visit, I think I'll just sit here and be very very quiet! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Top ten Ways To Instantly lose respect on the Magic Café (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL