The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Three men Problem. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
I received permission from the member of the staff to post this puzzle.

Before you read the puzzle PLEASE note this.

If your solution is too grapic, PLEASE PM ME ONLY

There might not be ONE solution to this problem, so think with an open mind and do your best. I promise this will get the most clever ones.

I’ve been trying to solve this problem for past five year. with many sleepless nights.

No luck so far.

Three men in this puzzle. all are very good friends.

One is blind , other is deaf and the 3rd one is bumb. The blind man is married.

One day the blind man went out of town. The dumb man not knowing this went to visit his house. What he saw there shocked him to bits. The deaf man was sleeping with the blind mans wife.

The dumb man wants to explain this to the blind man.

How will he do it ???

The blind man does NOT know the braille or any codes.

I have two half solutions but nothing complete.

Regards
Brian
Sapient
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Sapient
The dumb man could just write down the information and have someone else read it to the blind man.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
And just for clarification; Dumb means mute, right?

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:
On 2005-08-01 19:55, NFox wrote:
And just for clarification; Dumb means mute, right?

Nick Fox

Yes

Sapient,

There is no outside person help.

The wife or deaf man will NEVER read that letter to the blind. No big prize given for the reason.

it is possible that this puzzle might happen in real life.

How will the dumb (mute) man explain what he saw ??

I can't give any clues becouse I myself don't know the full solution.

:kewl:
Sapient
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Sapient
The dumb fellow can write out the message with his finger on the blind man's skin. THe Blind man can repeat each letter, and if he is wrong, the dumb man punches him and tries again.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Sapient,

That is possible but not practical.

The blind man will feel bit uncomfortable with the guy rubbing his finger on his body. He might slap his hand as well.

If you have a blind friend and you go and start rubbing your fingers on his skin, what sort of reaction will you get ??

Think about the situation the dumb man is trying to explain. the blind man would never grasp the message becouse he would never think in his wildest dream what his wife did.

Sapient
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Sapient
I would write on his hand. I'm sure blind guy is used to having his hand touched.

If the puzzle includes that idea that the blind man will not believe what happened, well, I don't think that there is a solution.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26990 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The message can be a thing. And placed where only the blind man would find it. The thing could be something of the deaf man's, and could be put in his personal items drawer. I could be more graphic, but really this is about communication not lurid messages.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Yes Jonathan,

This IS about communication. if its graphic then please PM me. I can take anything Smile

Sapient,

This is not the chicken or the egg problem. The blind man WILL believe what he is told. its just that you're trying to pass a message what a man does not think in everyday life. the writing on a hand method might take AGES and the message could be misunderstood as well.

I know there is a solution to 3 men problem but I don't have a poetic mind to complete it.

TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1143 Posts

Profile of TomasB
He can splice together words from songs and play it to his blind buddy.

/Tomas
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
My dear Methas,

This seems to be tearing you up inside. Would you happen to be the mute man in question? It's been five years now; five years of sleepless nights. It seems that everyone else involved has moved on with their lives; now it's time to move on with yours as well. Don't let this consume you.

OTH, have you ever considered the little talking device that Stephen Hawking uses? Or even with the computer that you're using to access the Café, there is software available to convert phonetic spelling of words into spoken words that is quite understandable.

Peace,
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Mushu,

I heard this problem five years ago and I've just spent couple of nights on it.
Not all of em LOL Smile

No, I'm not the mute man as well becouse after five years the secret would have been out anyway.

Tomas,

Good thinking buddy but once again the same problem. HALF A SOLUTION. and the message can be misunderstood again. there are lots of naughty songs in the market.

Just for the sake of it lets presume he cant play anything.

I think there is right king of help here to complete the solution. I will post my formula after some time and lets see some of you can complete it. lets give it a week.

Goes to show how difficult it is to communicate for a mute person to a blind person.
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
I know this is pernickity but how are they best friends if there is this communication barrier. If they are friends then they must have solved this anyway for times when just the mute and blind men are together.

I know, that's no solution and I'm waffling, but I'm stuck on this now. Curses. Mind you I don't think it would trouble me for five years if I couldn't solve it ..... would it?
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26990 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-08-02 02:38, Mehtas wrote:
Yes Jonathan,

This IS about communication. if its graphic then please PM me. I can take anything Smile...

Good grief no. I don't go for the S3VEN school of grotesque. If you know someone well, you know how what needs to be put where to leave a message. Sordid details are particular. Even a borrowed lipstick would get the point across.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Sapient
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Sapient
Sorry, but the only way this problem seems to be a problem is by rejecting all the obvious answers.

A man wants to drink his coffee. How can he get his cup.
--He could reach over and grab it.
Let's say it is out of his reach.
--He could get up and wak to it.
No. He could trip.
--He could ask someone else to hand it to him.
There are no other people in the universe.
--He could roll on his chair.
No. There is a deep chasm full of acid between him and the coffee.
--He could build a bridge, drive a tank over it, and use a carefully caliobrated robotic arm to pick up the coffee.
No. He is living 4 billion years ago, before the evolution of plants, so coffee is still impossible to make.

I've spent the last 40 years trying to figure out how to pick up a cup of coffee. I know there is a solution, and I have some ideas, but I just can't get it. Smile
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
Quote:
On 2005-08-02 05:26, Mehtas wrote:
No, I'm not the mute man as well becouse after five years the secret would have been out anyway.

I think you may have stumbled onto the answer right there. Do nothing and let time take care of it for you.
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
When is the blind man going out of town again??
Sapient
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Sapient
Quote:
On 2005-08-02 10:41, Mushu wrote:
I think you may have stumbled onto the answer right there. Do nothing and let time take care of it for you.

That does not actually seem to answer the problem that was asked. The question was how the dumb man could communicate a message to the blind man.
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
Quote:
On 2005-08-02 05:26, Mehtas wrote:
Goes to show how difficult it is to communicate for a mute person to a blind person.

No it doesn't. Several solutuions have been offered in this thread that would have worked in real life.

I'm not sure of your pre-occupation with a "graphic" solution, where any one of many simple solutions would have sufficed. What do you mean by graphic - extreme violence? Like torture the deaf man and the blind man's wife until they confessed their deed? Kill them both and leave them on the bed for the blind man to stumble onto? {sorry, too much CSI)

P.S. If you are indeed the mute man in question, I am NOT offering either of the above answers as suggestions or advice. Do NOT even consider it.
Sapient
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Sapient
When I was mute, and this happened to me, I just used my old Speak and Spell. That's why, when I became deaf, I stole all electronics from the house of my blind friend. The funny thing is he was there when I did it, but he couldn't see me! I just wish his wife were better looking. Oh well, what can you expect from a blind man.

I did run into a new problem. I found out that my dead friend is blackmailing my friend who is in a coma. The only police officer available is a tree. How can I, a formally mute, and now deaf person ask the tree to convince the person in a coma to press charges against the dead man? For the sake of this puzzle, assume that all of us are in separate black holes and plant life exists only as philosophical construct. Also, each of us always lies or always tells the truth, but the tree believes that truth is an illusion. And you can't use Osterlind's Breakthrough Card system.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Three men Problem. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL