The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Siberian Chain escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Ok, well since the magic stores here are crap, where can I find a good cheap version of this so I can deconstruct it and build my own in my welding shop?

OH and I gotta figure out how to get out of the thing too. (you know, those minor details I kind of forget)
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5331 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
No need to buy a cheap version. Simply buy volume two of John Novak’s “Art of Escape – Selected Chain Escapes” and you will have the complete “how-to”. That is how to make it and how to escape from it, and how to perform it.

You can find the booklet for as little as $8.00 on some of the used magic book sites and new for $14.00 from Cannon’s Great Escapes.

The book is great value for the money! It has loads of good stuff in it.

Like you plan to do, I make my own heavy duty versions. They don't cost much more than the cheaply made versions bought at a magic shop.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Amazing Zanzini
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Zanzini
I would not waste my money on any prop out there. I design and build my own props, and escape routines. I don't even buy handcuffs! I make everything in my shop. My entire handcuff collection was built up by challenges. If you bring an item to me for a challenge, I will except the challenge under one condition. If I escape from the restraint, then I keep it! I'll concur with the mention of Novak's book, great value for the money.

The Amazing Zanzini
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Harry is right on. I am shop-challenged for working metal; Cannon's has a nice heavy-duty Siberian Chain as well as the Novak book.

Yours,

Paul
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Hey thanks for the advice. Is this a fairly easy stunt to pull off? Sideshow Gathering is in a few weeks.

I can't work with wood, but steel I can do.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
You won't find the Siberian Chain to be a problem at all. I have to agree with what has been said so far and suggest you get the Novak book. I'd also suggest having a look at PastorClyde's site. His version of the escape doesn't have those suspicious metal rings that the others have. The price is good too.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
The Siberian Chain is dead easy as far as an escape goes, but you have to practice the presentation to make it smooth and convincing.

Yours,

Paul
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I, too, have remade the Siberian Chain escape in a more heavy-duty version. And just to make it look awesome, I made 4 of them to use simulataneously. Makes for a nice show!

I started out by buying the cheapo Royal one a reconstructing it from there.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Siberian Chain escape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL