The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What Was the dumbest thing you ever did? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11174 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Pass the crown to Marvello, true inventor of the hot rod!!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
447 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Before my fire incident, I had an expeience which involved my Dad's keys and our swimming pool, in the freezing cold month of January. I was eight years old and my Dad, being a general contractor, was leading the construction of our new church building. We were in our driveway, getting into the car, when he realized he'd left his keys on the dining room table. He asked me to go and get them, and in through the front door I went. Now, for whatever reason, I got the keys but decided not to go back out the way I came. I went out through the back door instead. Being outdoors, I playfully tossed the keys up in the air, about 8 inches, and caught them like we've all done a million times. Suddenly, I had a thought: How high could I throw these keys and still catch them? I crouched to the ground and with all my eight year old strength, sprung upwards and hurled the keys as high as I could. The minor problem with this idea was that I failed to take into account that our swimming pool was right next to where I was standing, and that it was winter with snow on the ground. I vividly remember, and I SWEAR it seemed to happen in slow motion, as the keys went up, up, up, slowly going sideways in a graceful arc, and plummeted down, dead center into the freezing black nasty pool water (we hadn't winterized our pool that year). I'll never forget that PLOONK sound. Now, my Dad, being the head guy in the construction of our church, had every important key on his keyring- many that only he had. I instantly knew that I had only seconds to live as I had to go around the corner and tell him what I had just done.

Amazingly, and I'll never figure out why, he didn't kill me. What he did, however, still makes me laugh. Merely fishing through the water with a skimmer net would do no good. The water was murky black and was filled with leaves, sticks, dead squirrels, etc. So... the neighbors down the street produced a pair of waders, the kind used by fishermen to go waist deep in a stream and stay bone dry. My Dad's plan was to get in the water, stand on his tip-toes to keep the waders well above the water line, and see if he could manipulate the net easier if he got closer to the keys. He went in and fished to no avail. Finally, he said "Give me the goggles" and HE DOVE TO THE BOTTOM (remember, it was January and probably below freezing), and retrieved the keys. I remember thinking that at that point the waders must have been doing a great job of keeping water in rather than out. I'll never forget the sight of my Father emerging from the pool, victorious in his quest to get his keys back but covered in pool sludge, looking exactly like a B- movie swamp monster, all because I had to see how high I could throw a set of keys.

Phil
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14067 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Phil, that hilarious story gets the award!!! We're not worthy, we're not worthy!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
As of now? hmm.. I'm wating for a random PM. lol
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
After a late night at the Blackpool magic convention I had to do the walk of shame home because I passed out on my friends hotel room floor. I woke up an hour and a half later with a stiff neck and back, and the pattern of the carpet on my face. I had to rush back to my hotel so I could get changed for a lecture, so I ran out of the hotel with a bundle of my stuff and got half down the road before I realise I hadn't picked up one of my shoes. Having the other shoes on I thought it best to take it off. It was pretty obvious to the others wwlking past that I had been out all night because I was wearing a white evening dress, but being as hungover as I was, that was the least of my worries. Not feeling too good I rested on the kerb while some friends were teasing me as they were comming out of their hotel. One of my friends decided to tickle me and I just couldn't keep it down. I was sick, felt better but got dizzy when I got up. I precedded to slip where I was sick, crack my head on the pavement and land on my butt in what was probably the only puddle of water for a mile around.
Needless to say the walk home from there felt like 20 minutes, when it was only five, my silk dress ended up in the bin and I vowed to never drink again.
Two hours later and three vodka's and red bull I started to see the funny side which my friends had seen from the begining. Not one of my finer moments in life,

Diane
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Well....I did the STUPIDEST thing that I have ever done in my life today. I parked my car in the parking lot at work. Before going in I changed the CD in my player. While doing that a news story peaked my interest, so I listened to it, got out and went to work. I work in an office building with its own restaurant (and big screen TVs and a free health club), so I never have to leave the building. What I forgot was to take my keys out of the ignition. Not only that but I forgot to turn the car off. My car sat in the parking lot running for 9 hours! It is a miracle that it did not over-heat. Smile
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2920 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
My mind was on other things when I was in the checkout of a Walmart buying a few new DVDs. As I was walking away, the cashier said "Have a nice day".... I replied "You too! I love you."
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
614 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I think my dummbest moment was when I was about 10 or so, I had a black trash bag that I was holding open and swirling it around to keep it open, kinda like a kite. I worked well to keep it open, but it was difficult just going in circles, so I decided to run down the driveway to get more speed. I had my eyes on the bag to be sure it would stay wide open, and that's when my right thigh (at full force) met the bumper of my dad's 1974 Mercury, you know the type of car with the huge metal bumper... I couldn't walk for about 20 minutes.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
VasMagic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of VasMagic
Mine was when I was first learning how to ride a bike and hit a cat cause I wasent paying attention to where I was going I fell so hard.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
I was ten years old. It was at a friends birthday party at a skating rink, I had to use the bathroom, I found the bathroom (The sign said bathroom on it, that as it) As did my thing, I began to notice a few things was wrong ( I was in a stall with the runs) SO as I looked down at the floor I saw a reflection of pink roller skates. for a long time I thought I was in the guys bathroom, until I saw the skates and someone knocked on the door.. My friends did all they could to keep people from coming in. when I was finally able to get out of the girls bathroom a friend showed me where the guys bathroom was ( I missed the right bathroom because I was such in a hurry to get the crap out of my system.)
good thing everyone except me forgot about the ordeal.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
With me, this is not a single event, more like a constant quest for "personal best".
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Well, once I accidently glued my head to the floor, unbeknownst to myself... The phone rang and when I stood up I tore a half dollar sized clump of hair out of the back of my head.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
A well known funeral palour
603 Posts

Profile of Energizer
I heard a good one from a friend of mine, Ricky.

He's built heavily. At the gym with his friend Alan, a couple of attractive young ladies show up. In order to impress them, Ricky and Alan crank up the weights - and start going for it, flexing their muscles, showing-off their strength.

The girls, unimpressed, move over to the rowing machines.

Not to be deterred, the guys follow them over, and start training on the walking machines, which are next to the rowing machines.

Ricky is walking on the machine, but finds it a bit too easier, so asks his friend to turn it up. But Alan turns it up a bit too much.

Ricky's legs turn to jelly as he's been showing off too much. He goes to support himself with his arms - which have also, by this time, become severly weakened from too much weight lifting.

Hence he goes crashing, much to his friend Alan's amusement.

Needless to say, the girls were not impressed.
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
A well known funeral palour
603 Posts

Profile of Energizer
My own - getting on my push-bike a bit too quickly. Very painful.

Or, riding on my skateboard as a teenager, I noticed my shoelace was undone. I go to tie it up, while moving along the sidewalk/pavement quite quickly. When I looked up to see where I was going, to my horror I saw I was about 3 foot away from colliding with a lampost. Rather than 'bail', I thought it would be sensible to absorb the impact with my head, for some reason.

Smashed into the lamp head first. Very painful.

Not as amusing as much of the other material on this fabulous thread.
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
On 2007-03-10 12:25, Marvello wrote:
I don't want to give the particulars since this is a family forum, but let's just say that it happened a long time ago, and it involved my ex-wife's enjoyment of tabasco sauce, and my desire to combine her enjoyment with something that I also enjoy.

Curious that this has been mentioned (Albeit not so much currently speaking).

I had been considering making my time with my own wife more special and I do love Tabasco sauce! I wonder if she would notice?

Good Idea!
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
614 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
The other dumbest thing I have done was:

I am huge into car audio, and I am always listening and fine-tuning my stereo system. I generally always tuned it to sound best from the driver's seat. This one day, I was driving down the highway, and I wondered what it would sound like from the passenger seat in my '89 Grand Prix, so I hit the cruise control (going 70mph) then unbuckled and hopped over to the passenger seat, while still steering, so I could listen to the sound from there for about a minute. Then I hopped back over and buckled back in. I did make sure I was on an open stretch of highway with no other traffic.

Yeah, I'll never think about trying that again... and thankfully nothing happened to me. I definitely do not recommend trying this either as it is extremely dangerous.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9497 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
The dumbest thing I have ever done is: argue with people who give advice to someone else BUT their advice does not take into consideration what goals the other person hopes to achieve.

The second dumbest thing is: to get upset because the advice giver does not have a clue and is only giving advice to see their name in print.
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Is there a topic like this execpt with magic stories only? If so, could some please direct me as I could not find it.

Thanks
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Is there a topic devoted entirely to bacon? Anybody?
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2920 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
At school yesterday, I was talking to a girl about french class. I said "I have Mrs. Grant as my french teacher. Who do you have?"

Her reply, I kid you not, sounded exactly like she said this: "My teacher is Mrs. Williams. She's The sexmaster."

I was stunned that she said this, but this state of shock soon turned into an uncontrollable fit of laughter when she told me that she actually said "My teacher is Mrs. Williams. I have her next semester."
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What Was the dumbest thing you ever did? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL