The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What Was the dumbest thing you ever did? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Dumbest thing I ever did.....get married while still in college....heck, leave out the "while still in college" and that would be appropriate, too!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Mr. Baker I swear I'm professoinal. LOL

LMAO ringmaster. I wrestled professionally for 2 years.. that ring hits back.
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
So back in my WAAY younger days I used to be a boy scout and go camping a LOT. Now we all know that campfires and boys go together like peanut butter and jelly, and I was no stranger to starting fires the easy way...with a LOT of kerosine gas.

We had this fire all ready to go and soaked it in kerosine about 30 minutes before the big campfire event. We had wired up a flaming arrow to a tree a few meters away so that when everone was seated, all they'd see is a flaming arrow shooting down from the tree (it was on a wire) igniting the fire at once. What we failed to realize is that gas evaporates rather quickly and was permeating the air around the fire. When the arrow got within about 10 feet of the fire pit it was like a scene out of backdraft! Fortunately no one was hurt, but it was a VERY big ball of fire!

NEVER again I tell ya...

PS, did I mention, I do kids shows Smile
Logic Defied
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-08-21 14:51, pasharabbit wrote:
The dumbest thing I ever did was when I was 11 years old growing up in NYC. My friend got ahold of some fire crackers and I came up with the brilliant idea of sticking a fire cracker in a huge pile of dog doo. Must have been a Saint Bernard's. We lit the fuse and backed off, but not far enough. The fire cracker went off and we were covered head to foot with it. My friend told that the next time we should pick a smaller doo!

My wife tells me stories about her old boy friends. (I'm secure.) One was that he and his friends (you could tell they were friends, they had a band!) got ahold of firecrackers and were blowing up frogs! (???) Seems frogs don't care if you put a firecracker in its mouth! They did this to one HUGE frog, the firecracker must have gone off in a odd way because they were COVERED in frog! That pretty much ended that diversion.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Ha! Ha! Alym Amlani. (I'm glad nobody was hurt...)

I saw something like that on a video on the internet! These guys (from Germany?) were getting a BIG big bonfire ready and were using gasoline. They must have poured 20 gallons of gas (four Jerry cans) on this huge pile of wood.
If I remember my chemistry correctly, gas fumes are as explosive as dynamite. One guy lit the whole mess with a torch and the whole thing went KA-BLAM! He was hurt, his buddy was hurt, his car was damaged, 20 feet (7 m) of the surrounding area was scorched...and then the film ended.

(sigh...) I miss Chemistry class Smile
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Quote:
On 2006-03-21 11:08, Patrick Differ wrote:
Ha! Ha! Alym Amlani. (I'm glad nobody was hurt...)

I saw something like that on a video on the internet! These guys (from Germany?) were getting a BIG big bonfire ready and were using gasoline. They must have poured 20 gallons of gas (four Jerry cans) on this huge pile of wood.
If I remember my chemistry correctly, gas fumes are as explosive as dynamite. One guy lit the whole mess with a torch and the whole thing went KA-BLAM! He was hurt, his buddy was hurt, his car was damaged, 20 feet (7 m) of the surrounding area was scorched...and then the film ended.

(sigh...) I miss Chemistry class Smile

Ok so that's a bit excessive - we were not that crazy to say the least!
Logic Defied
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
This is really dumb -- I was 13 though, sooo...

For my 13th birthday party a good friend of mine got me a whack load of flashpaper. We were playing with in the basement of my parents home, I decided I was going to try and play fire breather and blow a piece of paper from my mout onto an open flame. I of course did not take into consideration the moisture on my lips and the effect it would have on the paper. I moved toward the flame, blew the paper, it stuck -- and went up any way.

(Imagine this -- your 13, being paraded around as your cities youngest proffesional magician, and the following morning you have an interview on the local news.)

The food of choice for my part that evening was Pizza, which I very painfully consumed, my lips were burnt and gaining in size.

The following morning I was set to do the interview with scabby, red swollen lips. That is the dumbest thing I think I have ever done...
xxx
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
When I was an exchange student in Brasil we had a huge new years bash and got pretty slaugthered. We decided to streak around the block and made it to basically the final corner when one of the guys said "hey there are people there" It was 4 in the morning so we didn't really expect anyone to be out but then again it was New Year. While running I turned to wave at them and the next thing I remember was lying in the bed at the house with blood all over my face. I had hit a Stop sign at high speed and these kind souls helped my friends carry me home while I was wearing exactly what you wear when you streak. Slight concussion was all I suffered except for the embaressment when the people actually showed up the next day to check on me.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
The dumbest thing I have ever done was jump of a 55 story building... Yup, wont do that again...

I would tell you a list of things I have done that were dumb, But I would be here for weeks.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Drinking and driving... on a moped!
That's right, bottle of Heineken in a paper bag. There I am at a red light, taking a long swig and I look over and looking right back at me was the man! BUSTED but the good news was, that the moped actually fit in the trunk of the squad car! woohoo...

Like many others here, that's only one of many stupid things that I managed to do.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
Got interested in magic. From then on, it's history.
Tarbell!
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
230 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
Dumbest thing #1 - Opening a magic shop and sinking over $50,000.00 and losing 90% of it due to insuficient interest.

Dumbest thing #2 - Doing it again 3 years later.

You know they say the definition of ignorance is doing the same activity twice and expecting a different outcome the 2nd time.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Ignorance ??? I thought it was the definition of insanity!
Oh well.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I used to work in a pub and we had had an all night lock-in. My housemate and I where weaving our weary way home when the police pulled up and arrested my friend. I started complaining that he had done nothing wrong and then noticed he had picked up a stack of morning papers from outside a shop and for no apparent reason decided to carry them home. Well, they packed him off to the police station and I made the rest of the journey home. When I got to the house I remembered that he had the only key as I had lost mine earlier in the week. I was so tired and just wanted to get into my bed. Finding no windows open I decided I would break a window, climb in and pay for any damages the next day. I went round the back of our house and lobbed a brick through the window, when I reached through the shattered remains and pulled back the curtains I remembered that that particular window had bars on the inside. I decided if I was going to pay for one window I might aswell pay for two, went round the front and broke another window and climbed through. Two minutes after climbing through I found the front door key in my pocket, which my house mate had handed over to me before being taken to the cop shop.

George
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Had the winning lotto numbers to Louisiana State Lottery in my Army uniform when it was all sent to the Laundry! Yep, used the same numbers I've always used for such things and got back long after the private laundry service had picked up uniforms. I verified no one had collected it so it just got washed real nice.

Don't ask how much got washed away that day. I've cried enough tears over that to spread the misery.

It's also a 'life changing' experience although nothing happends.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
OMG Randy that's like a worst nightmare!
Logic Defied
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Before magic, I was a police officer. Our city had recently been plagued with a rash of roof-top burglaries.

I received an alarm call at a local appliance store. When my back up and I arrived, he began checking the back and I was checking the front doors. Lo and behold, the front door was unlocked. I radioed my back up that the front door was unsecure and that he needed to cover the back in case the suspect fled out the back. As I entered, I realized that my flashlight battery had apparently not been properly charged by the officer on shift before me. It faded out quickly. ...And so I unholstered my gun and began a methodical search of the dimly lit interior of the store without the aid of my flash light.

As I rounded the corner in the stock room, I saw the burglar standing there with his hands up (actually, they were posed more in the "I don't know posture") I couldn't see any weapons in his hands though I wasn't sure. My adrenaline kicked into high gear and I began yelling at the suspect to GET ON THE FLOOR! - GET ON THE FLOOR! But he didn't move. He just stood there looking at me - frozen in his tracks. My finger was on the trigger of my gun trained on the suspect and only required a few more ounces of pressure before the hammer fell.

Of course my back up heard me screaming at the suspect and radioed for additional units. Within a very short time afterwards is when I discovered that the perp I had been shouting at and had been trying to take into custody was a card board cut out of the Maytag repairman!

I cannot express to you all how much ribbing I took for that one over the next year!

Lyndel
glatner
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of glatner
Well, as I've said in other topics, I work at a paintball field. Paintballs, look a lot like gumballs. Twice.
psyrules510
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of psyrules510
I tried to put a lit match into the bottom of my pen but only ended up burning my whole thumb.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-04-10 11:06, glatner wrote:
Well, as I've said in other topics, I work at a paintball field. Paintballs, look a lot like gumballs. Twice.

Ouch!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What Was the dumbest thing you ever did? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL