The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » DISAPPOINTED WITH LATEST MINDFREAK EPISODE » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
OK, I have to first admit that I am warming up to Criss Angel. I previously had no love for the guy. Secondly, I have to confess that I could give a c*ap about escapes and all of the other non-magical physical feats, because, well, they're not magic.
So, I have put up with the guy getting set on fire (and the apparent TV editing that went along with it at the end), and escaping from a barrel of water, because I enjoy his magic.
So what happened with this episode (airing 8-3-05 on A&E)?! All it seemed to be about was him getting hooked up and flying around. WHERE WAS THE MAGIC?
I know there are those of you out there who will proclaim that what he did was artistic, yada yada yada, but don't you also think that this was a very disappointing episode because of the lack of magic?

The next episode hopefully will make up for it.

What do you think?

Kaylan
TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
Yeah, I was a little disappointed that all this was about was the hanging from the hooks. But I was also amazed at how much mental strength Criss has for attempting and accomplishing this as well.

Also, it seemed to me A&E just did a repeat of the Wine Barrel episode for the second half hour, nothing new to show. But alas, I am still a fan of Criss' and will continue to watch.

I look forward to next week's episode.
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
I am a fan, not a fanatic of Criss, both his magic and his stunts. That being said, I was a little disappointed. Not because the entire show was about the stunt, and not because there weren't any other effects shown. I was only a little disappointed because I've already seen Criss hang from hooks. I will say that I thought they did a GREAT job of building suspense and showing not only how much went into the stunt but also showed beyond the shadow of a doubt that what he did was real. I think the fact that what he was doing was a pretty big deal as only a few people in the world would even have the experience, and mental and physical conditioning to try it. That's probably why they put so much focus on this particular stunt. I was much more disappointed in the second episode only because it was a repeat.

I don't personally think the suspension was so much artsy as it was a test of endurance and personal fortitude. I admire his conviction to his character and know for a fact I would never be able to pull off something like that!

I too am looking forward to more magic next week.
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
filmyak
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
150 Posts

Profile of filmyak
When cutting this episode, there frankly was no time left over for magic. There was so much of the actual story to tell that we unfortunately had to take all the magic out. In fact, there was even more to the events leading up to the actual flight that we didn't have time to put in.

For those of you who were up for something a bit different, I hope you enjoyed this one. It's one of my favorite episodes, actually. For the rest of you, no worries, the other episodes will have plenty of magic in them.

And yes, from now on there will be one new 30-minute episode each week (instead of two), followed by a rerun of a previous episode for those who may have missed them.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » DISAPPOINTED WITH LATEST MINDFREAK EPISODE » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL