The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Very cheap magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I think this is the cheapest online magic shop I ever visit!

http://www.tayadesmagicshop.com/
Magnus
View Profile
New user
Brazil
52 Posts

Profile of Magnus
I've never bought there, but in fact seems very cheap.
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
the products are bad im guessing...the stripper deck and svengali are probably cheap cardboard bridge size cards....
white hats rule.
david m
View Profile
New user
U.K
4 Posts

Profile of david m
I can't believe these prices how can they do a Svengali pack at that price?? I've bookmarked it and will check back sometimes.

dm
mentomas
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of mentomas
how many tricks have you bought there?
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
Remember, you get what you pay for...
If anyone sees my sanity, please return it to

me.
JSHEDDY
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of JSHEDDY
I have to agree with IceRaven02, these prices are way too low for good quality.

Justin
"Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
- Dai Vernon
cransom
View Profile
New user
Rhode Island
7 Posts

Profile of cransom
Be very CAREFUL! Smile If you notice, there are no actual pictures of any products, trick names are either mis-spelled or changed to avoid copyright infringement, and they have no backing by Verisign, Paypal or even the BBBonline. There are so many other reputable sites out there that offer great magic at low prices, why even bother with these guys?????
Clark Ransom
Wizards Magic Company
www.wizards-magic.com
"Put a Little Magic Back into Your Life!"
fwee
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of fwee
This can't be any good based on the prices. Has anyone bought anything here?
Rajat Mittal
View Profile
New user
London
98 Posts

Profile of Rajat Mittal
This is the site of an Indian magic dealer. The primary reason the prices are so low, is because that is the price level of magic in India. It seems very low to most of you because of the difference between the exchange rate and the buying power of equivalent currency. The amount you could buy in the US for the price of a Svengali deck is probably not very different from the amount you can buy here for the price of these decks. This is the same reason that so many large companies outsource activities to India, China, etc, because they can pay low salaries in dollar terms that are very high in local currency terms.

About the quality. Having purchased from both Indian and international suppliers, I feel that the quality of MOST Indian products is slightly inferior to the international products (I have never seen the products supplied by this particular dealer). However, there are also instances where it is impossible to distinguish between the two (actually, some of the products available there are actually exported from India). My personal advice, would be that unless you can actually see/handle the products before buying them (on a trip to India for instance), it is best to assume that these are not tricks you would use to perform for the king.

Having said that, on a product like the Svengali for instance, there would be a slight difference in the finish, they would not be bicycle backed, and the instructions would probably be kind of dated. You have to make a judgement about where you perorm, how much that is worth to you and how much cheaper he is selling it. Frankly, I don't perform for the king very often.

If you want to buy from him, or another Indian dealer, and want to know the normal product quality of MOST Indian products of that type, feel free to PM me and I'll let you know if I can help.

(the cards will all be bridge size, because those are the normal decks used here).
femur
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
175 Posts

Profile of femur
Thx for the input, Rajat... the prices seemed a bit... obscene at first look.
"I can't really think of a good quote to put here"
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
You always end up getting what you pay for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Very cheap magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL