The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Solution of Three Men Puzzle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sapient
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Sapient
A Speak And Spell is not "high grade technology". It was a $15 dollar toy 30 years ago. And refusing to use commonly available tools is not using your brain.

Writing is technology too. So is paper, pens, and pencils.

It is fair to have constraints on a puzzle, but they should be inherent to the puzzle in some way, not offered up after solution are offered as an excuse not to accept them.

Perhaps your puzzle should read something more like

"Four people are stranded on an island. They have no access to any modern convienences, and no way to contact the outside world. The four people are a blind man, the blind man's wife, a deaf man, and a mute. The mute comes across the deaf man and the blind man's wife in the throws of love. How can the mute convey this information to the blind man?"

That way, you have logical constraints on the situation.
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
How about..... two men are in coma.
How does the first man let the second man know there is a fly on his nose.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Something comes to mind about the milkman having a severe case of a social disease, and expressing concern that the neighbors wife might have it. The notion of pregnancy also seems useful.

Gosh I wish the basic problem were stated in a way that did not involve so many awkward issues.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:
On 2005-08-05 11:34, Sapient wrote:

Perhaps your puzzle should read something more like

"Four people are strande..........

That way, you have logical constraints on the situation.

Sapient,

That would be even harder to solve it. I can agree about the speach synthisizer but I am looking a solution with basic props.

speach synthisizer and tape recorder with some manipulation in the audio tape seems to be the perfect solution but for the sake of it lets asume these people cant use them as a basic rule to this puzzle.

Just goes to show why I could not solve it for a long time.

:kewl:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Solution of Three Men Puzzle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL