We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Another funny story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicguy88
View Profile
New user
Chicagoland
73 Posts

Profile of magicguy88
Once while performing an invisible deck routine, I threw the deck to a man in the audience. He threw his hand up in the air to catch it and it was a prosthetic hook! Now, there is nothing wrong with this at all and I am not trying to poke fun at people with disabilities, but needless to say, it DID catch me off guard! I politely asked the man to hand the invisible deck to his wife so she could shuffle the cards. I will never forget that show!

Ryan Smile
Billy_zoom
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Billy_zoom
He could have literally "PICKED" a card. Smile
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
After a trade show in Chicago, I decided to unwind and take in a comedy club show.

During the show, the comic was picking on a guy in the audience and told him to stand up! The guy refused and remained seated at his table the comic was absolutely brutal, and antagonized the guy really bad.

Apparently he needed the guy to stand to do a bit... but when the comic asked the tech to bring up the house lights, it became obvious both to the comic and the rest of the audience that the reason the guy was refusing to stand up was that he was seated in a wheel chair and had no legs!

Wow, that really put the brakes on this guys set! But I'm glad I was in the audience that night! It taught me a valuable lesson about choosing volunteers and making sure that if they do have a physical disability, that they can still carry out the task(s) that I request of them!
Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
One could cause themself no end of embarrasment. I know, because "been there, done that."
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
It would have been cool if he did stand up though! chorus - ha-lle-lu-jah, ha-lle-lu-jah hallelujah hallelujah ha-lle--lu-jah!
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Another funny story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL