The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » TT Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
James Owen
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of James Owen
All right fellow magicians... how are you all doing? Fine I hope.

Do any of you magicians out there use the TT in your routines. I bought one and Darwin's 101 TT Tricks and I am currently working my way through the booklet. So if any of you use a TT what tricks do you do.

Best Regards

Take Care all of you MAGIC
Anthony
View Profile
New user
NYC
56 Posts

Profile of Anthony
How is that booklet, James? I've been meaning to buy a book and a tt, but I don't know where I would start with one.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
-- Albert Einstein
secondbaseman
View Profile
Loyal user
Amsterdam
225 Posts

Profile of secondbaseman
Hey there

I got a TT and I always cary it with me every where I go, to preform a nice papermoney switch in front of their eyes

PM me fore more details
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
I saw Cellini do an awesome silk color change with a TT. It was incredible because of his handling of the effect. So simple, yet in his hands it was like looking at a living, breathing, practical and functional piece of artwork.

It humbled me. A big ego is a problem in the magic community. I did not even understand my own fully, until this trick showed me what real magic is. Often, the simplest of ingredients are the only things needed to perform illusions of great wonder and spectacle.
Drive Carefully
lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
I can still remember the chills of excitement when I first got a TT, but it seems lots of layman know of its existence, with plenty of cheap packet tricks including a TT.
Are there any resources out there (preferably video) that would do justice to such an ingenious device? Would really love to learn how to handle a TT beautifully.
Thanks y'all Smile

James,
Figured I went off track here, abt the tricks I do,
*billswap
*cigarette thru tie
*silk production
* cut and restored
*salt shaker (can't remember the exact name of this one, but you show your hand being empty and pour out salt from your palm)

Cheers! BTW there's another TT thread in this section as well. Smile
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
TT in one hand together with a sugar cube (both concealed). Pour a sachet of sugar (the sort found in cafés) into your hand (actually) into the TT. Steal the tip and sugar in the usual way. The sugar has apparently become a cube. Gets a great reaction, out of all proportion to the simple method.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
nappa
View Profile
Regular user
new york
108 Posts

Profile of nappa
What kind of TTs do you people use and are they convincing as a part of you Smile?
Tolga Ozuygur
View Profile
New user
Istanbul / Turkey
60 Posts

Profile of Tolga Ozuygur
The book you have bough is great -not in dimension I mean. But I also recommend you to buy the Milbourne Christopher's "50 tricks wit a TT." It is cheap and GREAT.. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Anthatron
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Anthatron
I like the 41 cent miracle in Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Money Miracles.
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
I use it for a bill switch, vanishing bill, various small item switches or vanishes, and to levitate my business card.
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
Dissapearing hank. One of the best tricks out there.
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Nappa,

Just trust me on this, buy a Vernet hard tip. No question, the best.

Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
Darren Roberts
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Darren Roberts
For those of you who are afraid that too many people know about the TT, try a FT instead. When people go looking for the TT and it's not there, they're extremely surprised (of course, they're looking in the wrong place, but don't know it).

I was burned bad by this and learned that way how effective it can be.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Appearing, color changing then vanishing silk.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Quote:
On 2003-12-22 09:31, Eric Grossman wrote:
Nappa,

Just trust me on this, buy a Vernet hard tip. No question, the best.

Eric Grossman

I have to disagree. The Vernet is really good, but I think the best TT's come from Magic Masters. But the bottom line is, it's a matter of personal preference. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Of course I use TT, I don't leave the house without it! I use my TT mostly in Bill switches.
rcad
View Profile
Loyal user
St-Eustache
211 Posts

Profile of rcad
I bought a TT and Darwin's book because I felt mastering a TT was a must. I was fairly disappointed with the booklet and videos I saw on the Net. The TT thus remained in my magic case, unused. I am presently taking a magic course and the teacher showed us how to handle the classic appearing/disappearing hanky. The moves he showed us are way beyond anything I had ever read in a book and because of his handling, I am willing to spend the time and effort to master this trick now.

All that to say that the way to handle a TT is greatly misunderstood by many authors and magicians. There must be some good literature or DVDs on the TT but Darwin's book is at best, a source of inspiration for effects, not handling.

Hope this helps...

Merry Christmas to all! Smile

Richard
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." Albert Einstein
numeroprimo
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of numeroprimo
So what will the most experiencied magicians say about what is the best book or resource on TT tricks?

Hope everyone had a nice xmas,

Bruno
Renegade
View Profile
New user
Buffalo, New York
59 Posts

Profile of Renegade
I second the idea for the use of the finger tip, it reduces the number of effects you can do, I find, but it builds in a safety factor. Smile
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
There's some great handling and lots of varied effects on the following video: Secret Seminars of Magic with Patrick Page: Thumb Tips by L&L Publishing. Takes you way beyond the pamphlets mentioned above.
Nicholas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » TT Tricks (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL