The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » A really good book. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
I am reading, MYSTERIOUS STRANGER - A Book Of Magic by David Blaine (I am about 3/4 through it). It IS NOT a "How To" book, but rather a "Life's Account" type of book. He talks about his childhood, how he got into magic, his goals, his tv speacials, other magicians, magic as a whole, and a lot more.

Blaine really gives an inside look on his own life, valuse and beliefs. His views on magic and how it should be performed is very interesting to me, and how he goes about to accomplish his goals seem like they come from a man who is determined to take his art to the people, where it belongs.

I find this book a very good read, and yes I realize it is just one ,man's account of his own life discovering amnd realizing his own dreams. But there it is...He is living his own dreams and goals, and he shares them with all he comes across.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a good read! I believe it was published in 2002 (I could be wrong on the date).
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I enjoyed this book. Talked a lot about the history of magic.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » A really good book. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL