The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Here is a Routine I put together...help needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
I am now just getting back into magic and I have put together a routine that I kind of like so when asked to do magic I don't have to do a bunch of tricks that don't flow together. Anywho, here is the routine:

I have a spectator select a card and it is lost in the deck. I show them that the their card isn't on top. I hand them that card and have them reveal it themselves. It is their selection. I then lose the card in the deck. Next, I move my hand over the face down deck and all the cards turn face up (varation of the Erdnase color change ). I go through the cards and show them that their card is only one card face down in the deck, their selection. The card is placed face up on the table and another spectator comes forward and selects a card from the deck. There card is lost in the deck. I then take the previous selection, snap the card, and it changes into the 2nd spectators selection ( shapeshifter ). The card is then examined by the spectator (misdirection here ). The card is then placed face up in the face down deck. I then wave my hand over the deck and all of the cards turn face up ( once again the erdnase variation). I spread through the deck and show them what should be their selection. They turn over the card to find that it is the first selection. Help and comments needed and appreciated! Thanks

Blake Stout
Blake S.
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
The routine sounds nice but I'm a little confused by the final revelation being the first selected card. Are you having two cards selected initially? The middle phases seem pretty strong by themselves. I would end with Triumph after your middle phases since you've shown how the deck can reorient itself. What about shuffling face up into face down in an experiment type of demonstration which would end in Triumph? Also, if you are using two different cards I'd suggest a bigger climax such as card to impossible location, card under drink, card on forehead, etc.

Just some thoughts. Thank you for sharing!
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
Thank you for the comments. As for the final revelation, one selection is made at the start of the trick and another is made half way through. My patter goes like " well lets see what we can do with two cards, etc. ". The triumph idea is a possibility, but I think the card to impossible location(s) would suit me better. Thanks again!

Blake
Blake S.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
As far as the work goes, they come together nicely. Push yourself forward by asking what your motivation is. By this, I'm asking what your theme is. Are you there to have fun? Is there a reason you want to do all this fun stuff with their cards? Do you work from a script?
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
Patrick,

As far as the theme goes, I am there to have fun. Thanks

Blake
Blake S.
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
Quote:
On 2005-08-08 16:45, Oz Fan wrote:
Thank you for the comments. As for the final revelation, one selection is made at the start of the trick and another is made half way through.

Thank you Blake for clarifying. What about using a DF card for their two selections. Then at the end you reveil that each time you were always finding both cards and show the DF. It will take some more preparation and could be powerful if you have the selection signed both times. Imagine saying something at the end like "I'll find both cards at the same time" then in a magician in trouble fashion only one card is face up and the spectators will think you messed up. Then you hand them the DF card and the problem is solved. Just a thought.

Take care,
L2L
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
744 Posts

Profile of scott0819
After the final transposition of the cards, the spectator is going to want to know where the second selection went to. I agree with love2laugh here, a card-to-impossible-location would fit perfectly.
card to pocket
card to wallet
card under glass
card to cardcase
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
That is another great possibility L2L. Thank you. Choices, Choices, Choices.....

Blake

Scott,

What has gotten the best results for you? Card through window, card to wallet, or card to pocket? Thanks

Blake
Blake S.
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
Card to spectator's pocket > card to jewlery box > card to wallet > card to pocket > card under glass > card in deck > card never found
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
Card to spectators pocket. Sounds pretty interesting. Is there any method that would achieve this, so I wouldnt have to plant the card myself or have a stooge? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Thanks

Blake
Blake S.
ecm mike
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of ecm mike
Yes, can be done... check Appollo Robbins' new DVD.

For details, please e-mail me.
-extremecardmagic.com- Not yo' mama's card magic!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Here is a Routine I put together...help needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL