The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » John and David... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
What do you think? Are they stooges? Or are they genuinely so interested in magic that they attend to EVERY MAGIC VIDEO PRODUCTION EVER?

The guys I'm talking about is the black man which allways stands in awe of every effect that the magician creates (David), and the white guy with the hockey cut that allways screams "NOOO WAY!"

Have you noticed that very often the same 5-10 people attend to lecture videos? Or is it just me? Smile
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I recently met Daryl and I got the whole story about who these people are and why they're in every video. A lot of the people there are people that are apart of a modeling agency. Louis Falanga gives them a standard modeling fee, and he makes a party out of the whole thing. He uses his old house to have the parties at, and he invites everyone over for dinner, and then they see the show for however long it takes. They reinvite the people who react well and don't reinvite the people weren't as expressive during the show. Some of the people are just friends of Louis Falanga.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
895 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I can't stand john, that dude needs to relax. its just a trick.
...and he needs a haircut.
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
418 Posts

Profile of Alan M
Hi Samuel,
The audience members you mentioned are in many of the L&L videos. There have been a few threads discussing it and here's one of them:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=32

You can find more threads on this if you are interested. Enjoy,
Alan
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
As much as those people annoy me sometimes on those videos, David is awesome on the Bill Malone tapes. His reactions & interactions with Malone are priceless.
tjo'
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
I cannot wait until L&L puts out a "Best of David" DVD! It would be awesome to see all the highlights of David's priceless reactions over the years. Not only would this DVD show a ton of different performers but you'd get a chance to see L&L's most famous audience member. Hey, I need to market this idea! Smile
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Quote:
On 2005-08-08 18:15, T. Joseph O'Malley wrote:
As much as those people annoy me sometimes on those videos, David is awesome on the Bill Malone tapes. His reactions & interactions with Malone are priceless.

I totally agree Smile
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27152 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Those two are GREAT tests for audience managment. Notice who plays with them, who plays to them and who enrolls them in the action.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2495 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
John rocks if thas the guy who also appears in osterlind dvds
::P:P
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Yes, it is Smile Lol, he's probably one of the most famous laymen Smile
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
These guys are funny. I always assumed that they had to know a little bit about magic. Don't you think they own the DVD's in which they have appeared?
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
I love the way Osterlind handles John in his videos. Great stuff.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I think Jon rocks! He truly complements the magician IMO. David bothers me a little as at times he seemed upset at the magician and he is overly loud.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
David reactions on the Malone tapes are great. Watch the Ultimate 3 Card Monte one again. I swear after the first phase when Bill turns the cards over he says Awwwwww B*******T!!!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
dog
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of dog
On a David Regal DVD, Jon mentions he is a carpenter.

Some of David's reactions are priceless, look at his face when Michael Ammar does Card on Ceiling for example.

David and Jon are both involved a lot on Bill Malone's DVDs, very entertaining, then Bill gets their names mixed up.
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
Jon and David are good BUT...

CASSANDRA IS AWESOME!!!! Smile
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
I know we live in a wonderfully diverse world these days, but I cant help being a little concerned at all this interest in two blokes, (and not exactly Hollywood pin-ups!)

Check out those babes!

:)

RK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » John and David... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL