The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Armando and the secrets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

waltsal
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of waltsal
August edition of MAGIC features Armando Lucero. In it, he discusses his philosophy of magic secrets and reveals that he plans to release a limited DVD run of 500 to teach his incredible Coin Menagerie, which continues to baffle and confound magicians the world over. He believes he should not make the technique widely known but wants to leave behind a bit of his legacy for those who are truly interested and dedicated .
Should he release the DVD or keep his creation known to a small number to maintain the mystery? Are the greatest secrets of magic best kept secret?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10767 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Waltsal this is great news,the magic community has been waiting for this to happen for quite a while..
I have been to Armanod 's lectur at the lvmi and also have seen him perform at the magic castle,, he is truly one of todays best ...
the godfather of magic
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
From the article he seemed to imply that the best way was to pass these secrets to other magicians through a mentoring process, with one on one instruction over a period of years. Then he says there will be a limited DVD. I guess this could be thought of as a high tech mentoring process. I wish him all the success in that venture. He is truly an artist and it is clear that he has dedicated his life to magic.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Armando is a great guy. I'm a little amazed that he is releasing it at all. His article in MAGIC says a lot about him and how he feels about his work. Kudos.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
waltsal
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of waltsal
Apparently, Mr. Lucero has received a few inquiries about his intentions as reported in MAGIC Magazine. Here is his reply:
"I am currently rushing to answer all the questions regarding my situation which I will post on my web-site soon <armandolucero.com>. Unfortunately, there was just not enough room in Magic Magazine to do this. I will have my explanation ready within the next 3 weeks.

Sincerely, Armando "

His work is incredible. So is his thinking about the art.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I got to meet Armando at Magic Live last year and was so blown away by the menagerie. I think it's wonderful and very noble when someone keeps something tight lipped. Kinda like Guy Hollingworth with his t&r card. However, you can bet I'll be one of the first in line to pick up a copy. One of the neatest things I've ever seen was Chris Kenner performing 3 fly, Alan Ackerman dealing seconds, and Armando's menagarie all at the same session table.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Quote:
On 2005-08-09 15:35, Patrick Differ wrote:
Armando is a great guy. I'm a little amazed that he is releasing it at all. His article in MAGIC says a lot about him and how he feels about his work. Kudos.

Patrick,

This might just be me, but I get a sense from the article that Armando expects an eventual hemorrage in the routine, and the work behind that routine to get out in one way or another. That's almost an unwritten law now.

I think that the DVD release is a good idea, as it will--instead of creating an entire world of magic critics who will say "that's what he gets for trying to supress the inevitable,"(not that I agree with that), to an informed community that knows he has released his baby on a limited basis. While it may not prevent leaks, it will make the rip-off mavens look like even bigger jerks.

I hope that just made sense.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Ron, you mean like chosing the lesser of two evils?
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Exactly, or at least taking out an insurance policy against the inevitable.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Some have figured out some of the moves... but lack the total artistry that Armando produces when performing menagerie... it ain't the moves alone.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-08-10 20:25, Ron Giesecke wrote:
Exactly, or at least taking out an insurance policy against the inevitable.

Which one of you two is Ron?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
That's me on the left. That's some vagrant named Paul Harris on the right.

I woke him when I tripped over his tent.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I have heard great things about this man on a serries of levels. I'd love to meet him in person, and if he ever releases material there is no doubt in my mind that I will be buying it and I haven't even seen any of his magic.

Can someone tell me the next time he is going to be at Dean's ?
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I would ask Armando... http://www.armandolucero.com
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
When Coin Menagerie will finally be released it will be as unique and exceptional as a product as Armando is as an artist.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Armando and the secrets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL