The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Decent routine with minimal supplies? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magik kat
View Profile
New user
Clagary
11 Posts

Profile of magik kat
I am a begginer to magic and have only tricks that can be done with a normal deck and I can also do sponge ball tricks pretty good. But is it possible to do a decent street routine with just a deck of cards and some sponge balls? will this satisfy the spectator?
the art of magic is seeing and beleiving, not seeing and revealing.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Are you referring to traditional 'street magic' or close up magic 'on the street'. If it is the latter, yes, it is certainly possible to entertain an audiece with those objects. If the former, I would think possibly some other effects would be needed - cards and sponge balls are quite hard to see from a distance.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
It's not how many tricks you do, but how much milage you can get from them. Ricky Jay does an entire evening show with a deck of playing cards. So yes ... you could create a decent street routine with just cards and/or sponges, but you would need to know what you are doing to pull it off.

JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
Tom James
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati, Ohio
139 Posts

Profile of Tom James
It is easy to do a whole routine with cards and sponge balls. The great thing is you are using things that are not gimmicked and that is awesome. There are to many people out there doing so much magic and it is all gimicked. It is nice to see someone taking a hard look and doing things the hard way. If you ever need a sponge ball routine to add or a card trick to add just pm me and I would be glad to help you out.

Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Decent routine with minimal supplies? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL