We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magicians Survival Kit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
KC, beetroot has a gorgeous earthy flavour, and contains all sorts of good stuff. According to scientists if you take a pint a day for a week before a marathon, you will shave minutes off your time. Liquid energy - and liquid relaxation in the hip flask for afterwards.
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
I'm really surprised that only one magician mentioned business cards. For me, that's the most important thing to include in abundance for getting lots of spin-off work at every gig!

And of course having a pen handy so that the client has no trouble writing out the check when it's time to get paid. Smile

I also bought a handy compact card table that collapses real small from Costco. I personally find that it's nice to have one on hand just in case I need extra space for discarding items, or to use as an extra display table for something like multiplying bottles.

A towel and a large trash bag for the unexpected mishaps on the floor. A flashlight for poor lighting situations before, during or after your show. And extension cord if you use anything electrical - along with masking tape. Depending on the size of the venue and because of the nature of my show, I sometimes use cued up music on a small laptop, a small boom box for speakers, and a bubble machine. So easy access to electricity is sometimes important for me.
scenic effects
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin - USA
74 Posts

Profile of scenic effects
What a great thread! I see I need to add a few items to my kit. One thing that I have is a roll of "gymnasium tape" for marking floors and such.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
A receipt book incase the client request a receipt.
A GPS Navigator.
A small box of tools incase something needs repair.
A lighter to light candles incase the client does not have one.
Cash incase a car problem occurs.
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
I don't know if this would constitute an emergency kit item, but it's certainly wise as a backup measure...

Have a couple backup routines handy just in case the show goes down an unanticipated path such as older kids showing up, or just in case a trick doesn't want to cooperate. Extra material will also bail you out if the client wants to pay you overtime.

And I personally am a DJ/Magician, so I bring a lot of electronics to many of my gigs. If anyone out there also uses any electronics, extension cord is obviously needed, but backup fuses are essential!
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
I took one of those teeny tiny bottles of breath spray, the kind that is a small dropper, and cleaned it out, and put vegetable glycerin in it. It's the ingredient in most lotions that moisturize the hands. My hands dry out if I wash them or it is chilly outside, and this little bottle takes up almost no space but keeps my hands perfect for magic. I always carry this with me.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Nobody brings bandages?
I always have a cheat sheet of the routines that I do in case I get a brain fart.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I take much of what has been mentioned. I also tape a "cue sheet" on the inside of my case lide so I can quickly glance down and know what I am doing next. I change the order of my stuff up occasionally, so this keeps me on track.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
When I say bandages,I mean band aids.You may never know when you will get a cut.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
In my kit I would have to have scissors! Just did a preschool show without em. Oh and extra tricks also help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magicians Survival Kit (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL