The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Facts about, "Stars of Magic" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Pendleton
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of John Pendleton
I have lots of questions about this work, but the more I surf, the more murky I find the waters, so here goes.....

I'd like to get straight the facts about, "Stars of Magic" and it's time line.

The way I see it Stars of Magic was a periodical, published by Tannens (Stars of Magic inc) 40's and 50's, and contained some great stuff. (long lists of glowing testimonials posted elsewhere). Tannens also turned "some" of it into a book of the same name.
This was then bought and published by D. Robbins & Co. And bought again, and sold my Meir Yedid (MyMagic.com) - though it's the Robbins book.
The book seems to cover upto Volume11.

I'd like to know when the first periodical was released, when and if they stopped, how many numbers were in each volume, if anyone has a complete list of all the items featured against volume / number?

I also see DVDs by Paul Harris with this title - I assume they are not related ?

Buying the book seems to be the way to start collecting these works, as it's so inexpensive, but I hear the quality of the photo's is very poor. Is this a real problem ?

Any other background about this work would also be interesting. (go Pete Smile)
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I don't know what's out there now, but I bought my copy of the 'book' back in the 60's and the picture quality is not that bad in my opinion. It certainly did not matter as far as hindering the learning process for what photo's there are.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
ralphgironda
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
Quote:
On 2005-08-10 12:31, Pro-digitous wrote:

I also see DVDs by Paul Harris with this title - I assume they are not related ?

There not dvds...there vhs's

And Paul Harris wasnt the only person to be on the "star of magic" vhs label...there are other's to.

But lets keep the stars of magic tapes by paul Harris our little secret, so many jems on these tapes Smile
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Ditto to what Jimmy said!

Routines by Vernon, Slydini, Bertram, Jarrow, Horowitz, Daley, Carlyle, Allerton...What's not to like? Oh yeah, and some stuff by some guy named Scarne!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Facts about, "Stars of Magic" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL