The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Tips, tips, tips.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Steranko
View Profile
New user
UK
89 Posts

Profile of Steranko
Are you sure your not working for repeat customers?! They would be inclined to tip you the first time, but less likely to the second!
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
That would be my inclination, repeat customers and I was surprised it wasnt mentioned before. Have you read the post about repeat customers in this boar, you might find soem tips if that is whats affecting your tips.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Quote:
On 2005-08-11 21:19, jasonmiller wrote:
I wear a digital name badge that scrolls several messages as follows:

Eat @ XXXXXXXXX restaraunt * Large Tips Accepted * BALLOONS * Twisted Person Working * 4 Hire * No Tip too big

I always work in a dress shirt with a pocket. In that pocket I will usually fold a $5 bill long ways and let it stick out of that pocket just a bit. All night long I put my tips in that pocket.

This has reduced the amount of times I get asked if it is OK to tip to nearly zero. On rare occasion I get asked if the balloons cost anything I usually answer: "The balloons are always free and your generous tips help me keep spreading the smiles every week."

As a twister I suppose we can get away with more... this approach may not suit a strolling magi. I am booked at this high volume venue both friday and saturday every week. So far the ONLY customer complaints used to come from the parents of kids less than 3yrs old... I don't make balloons for kids under 3 just for saftey sake. Now that I use magic and another approach I have been able to eliminate those.

Not one single complaint EVER about my subtle tips suggestions... FYI

As far as your main question... tips can vary greatly from night to night. Some nights you just get cheapskates and other nights the crowds are generous. When working purely for tips you just learn to expect that. Yes I work purely for tips at this place and it works out quite well. The good nights far outweigh the bad.

I would complain! I can not sand it when people are working for tips only. It makes it hard for a real professional to get paid for what they provide. I don't care if your a balloon twister or not. If a restaurant knows they can have it for free then you and everyone else will have a hard time getting paid for what you do. I think Street Busking is the only place to work for tips only. I also think it is very tacky for the restaurant to allows you to work for tips only. If they want to provide their customers with extra entertainment then they should pay for it and not worry about squeezing every dime out of them. I do not enjoy going to a place to eat and have to worry about tipping everyone. I have had people say "we don't have any money!" when I walk up to them then I say "I am paid by the restaurant" 9 times out of 10 they feel a relief that I am not pushing them for money. In fact it sets a tone that this place is doing something special just for them and that is what restaurant performing is all about. Your "cheapskates" comment tells me how you really feel about the people you work for. It appears you only care about how much you can make off them. If you were paid by the restaurant then you would be more concerned about them having a great time and by giving them a small break for the stresses of life.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
"Your "cheapskates" comment tells me how you really feel about the people you work for. It appears you only care about how much you can make off them. If you were paid by the restaurant then you would be more concerned about them having a great time and by giving them a small break for the stresses of life."

wow.. I think you might be making a pretty big assumption there mate.
let's not point spears toward each others now.
Just because he uses the word "cheapskates", it doesn't translate to anything at all.
Just because he is paid by tips, it doesn't mean he doesn't concern about the audiences having a good time. Can you have both?
I mean, he can both be very concern about the audiences having a good time as well as the tips..

the big assumption made on this board so far is that if you are too concern with tips, you are not doing a good job at entertaining the crowd. I don't see that being a valid argument at all. It almost appears that the thought of getting tips shall be forbidden. As if that is denegrading to the art of resturant magic.
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I'll be honest - I find that when I get tips, it's more awkward then when I don't. I just don't like it when servers see me get tipped; I'm sure they will sometimes feel that it's money out of their hands..
Logic Defied
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Quote:
On 2005-08-12 15:34, Nash wrote:
"the big assumption made on this board so far is that if you are too concern with tips, you are not doing a good job at entertaining the crowd. I don't see that being a valid argument at all. It almost appears that the thought of getting tips shall be forbidden. As if that is denegrading to the art of resturant magic.

When are we going to start treating magic / balloons as a professional profession. When you are doing magic or balloons for tips only it is a step above begging. They wear these "Tip Me" buttons and it is ridiculous! The servers don't wear these. I am paid by the restaurant for the time I spend there. No way in the world would you ever hear me say that someone is cheap because they did not tip me. I don't have to worry about paying my bills by the amount of tips I get that night. It does place a different focus on things if you work for tips. If I say someone is cheap because they did not tip me then it is obvious what I am concerned about. If I don't care about the tip then that thought would not cross my mind. You are what you think and what you say portrays who you are. I have heard it time and time again about how bad people are because they did not tip. If everyone would charge the restaurant we would all be better off. It is the same for those people who undercharge for their shows. It brings us all down and lowers our standards. He may have never heard a complaint about the begging for tips but I hear it. People are relieved that they can enjoy something and not have to worry about dipping in their pockets. If you read above I think getting tips is fine but it should be extra and not expected and please don't lower yourself and wear a tip me badge or stick money out of your pocket your better than that.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
"You come up to my table and do some magic for 5-7 minutes, as you walk away, I give you a couple of bucks for your time.

You've just established a scale for yourself. Basically, you're now working for between $17.00 - $24.00 an hour. If I call you and ask you to do an hour show for me and you quote a price of $150 or whatever it is, I'm thinking to myself that you're over charging"

I have been hearing this notion for at least 20 years. Pardon me but it is so rediculous. If the waiter takes care of me for an hour & I tip him $10.00. Should I expect him to come to my home for a private party and serve for $10.00 per hour. I think not.

A tip is a way of showing appreciation for a service that was rendered. It does not mean that anyone would expect you to hire out for the same amount as the tip.

I do nothing to make people think that they should tip me. I am paid by the restaurant. My performing in a restaurant is to showcase my act so that people will hire me for their events. I have never had anyone think that the tip they gave represents my fee per hour & I doubt that anyone else has had that problem.

A tip is a tip and a performance fee is a performance fee. One has nothing to do with the other.
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
One of the most wonderful things about Magic and the Magic biz is IMHO the fact that there is no hard and fast, set in stone, test to get the license, you did it wrong we're gonna fine you, way to do it. If a guy, say me, wants to spend time in an eatery performing for tips alone, I can. If people are put off by reaching into the pocket, or I just plain suck, well soon it won't be worth my time to be there will it? On the other hand, if I don't suck and people enjoy the show and tip me well, Woo Hoo! If I approached a table and got a, "we don't have any money!", I would tell them that I have plenty Magic to go around, do my very best and drop off one of my cards after ending. A bit of a cast your bread upon the water type deal.

Where I perform mainly families eat. It's not a high dollar place and been there about 1 1/2 years. Infancy in restaurant terms. There is no budget for entertainment. I'm very new to professional Magic as well. They get entertainment for their patrons, I get to perform, earn, learn, promote myself, and a good reference for when I go out looking for a gig that pays up front. It's working out well. I'm not writing a book or making DVD's on "Restaurant Work-A Complete How To" but I'm putting smiles on faces and having fun doing it.

Best advice I've read here at the Café from one Glenn Bishop, "I would say only one real show biz rule. Find what works for YOU and DO what works for YOU."
JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
Quote:
On 2005-08-11 14:54, Bennie90 wrote:
What about the tips with the waiter? They leave the tip to the plate and the waiter takes it to himself, maybe it was meant for you!?
I can't speak for what is expected in Finland (my step-sister in law is Finnish, living in Sweden, but I've only met her once), but here, in my part of the world, tips left on the table are NEVER mine. There have only been two times when a tip was left for me that was not handed to me. Once, a couple actually added my tip onto their credit card slip. Smile (That one stayed with the waiter). The other time, they handed it to a host, and asked him to give it to me.

I always make sure that the waiters hear me telling the guests that tipping is not expected, and that I would like it if they would simply, "let the management know that they appreciate having me there (and, if they don't, . . . SHHHHH!" Smile ).
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
jasonmiller
View Profile
New user
Greenville, SC
52 Posts

Profile of jasonmiller
Haha... Wow this is funny... I offer my opinion on what WORKS for me and I get flamed. What a joke.

Try this... work purely for tips. If you can't cut it working purely for tips alone it shows just how entertaining you really are. Those whom I entertain pay me for the entertainment they recieve... GLADLY! In fact most folks agree that I am the about the most affordable form of entertainment you can find now days.

I have a blast ENTERTAINING folks. The balloons and magic are merely props. These folks REWARD me for the valuable entertainment they recieve. But not everyone tips... I don't care one way or the other. Of course I do book regular events too where I am paid hourly. When paid hourly there are no tip hints on my badge. It can be made to say company names or whatever the host wants. Clients love this and gladly pay my healthy rates.

While delivering pizza many years ago I learned that there are just some folks who are cheapskates and don't tip.. Yup I said it again. Cheapskates. To deny that some people are cheapskates is to deny reality. Some people are cheapskates. These folks will not tip waitstaff or pizza guys... they will say "well you agreed to be paid $2.13 and hour, get a real job"

Does stating the fact that some nights you have a higher ratio of cheapskates mean that I offer less entertainment? NO! I go table hopping to have a blast entertaining kids from ages 3-93. I don't go in each night saying "boy I hope I make a a lot of money". haha...

Flourish Dude: Your complaint would be absolutely buried under the mountains of positive comments and cards the place gets about my work. I am a professional and I work as such. The funny gentle hints my badge provides pretty much eliminates any questions about tips. Folks see that it is OK and gladly thank me for the fantastic entertainment they get. Begging? Please... I don't have to beg... Good entertainers earn thier tips fair and square.

NASH: Bottom line... Most of these guys are right on. Just don't even think about the tips while working. Keep it fresh and entertaining and folks will enjoy it. The tips will vary from night to night so just expect that. It's not you. It is natural. Just relax and have fun. Oh... and it is OK to gently let folks know you accept tips if you do!

What a great night! Tonight I had one of my regular families come in. They have an overactive little boy (and two girls) who just loves the balloon guy. They asked me tonight if I know why they come in every weekend... They proceeded to explain that the little boy just loves his balloon every week. He plays with it carefully all week long. Then around the end of the week it starts to shrink. Then he tells mom and dad "gotta see my balloon guy!we gotta go!" The one thing this special needs little fella really enjoys and appreciates ( and doesn't tear up)is the balloon he gets every week. It doesn't hurt that the whole (6-8 top) table is laughing and having a blast while I make thier round of balloons. Sometimes they can tip... sometimes they can't. When they can they sure do thank me a lot Smile

Stories like that really make a guy enjoy what he does. The most rewarding pay I receive is all the smiles I collect everytime I perform. Being that as it may... tonight in 3 hours I made more in tips than some people do working 20 hours at a J.O.B.

Food for thought... Peace all
Jason Miller
-Balloon Twister
-Magic Man
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-08-13 02:11, jasonmiller wrote:
Haha... Wow this is funny... I offer my opinion on what WORKS for me and I get flamed. What a joke.

I used to wait tables/bartend, etc. The customers that didn't tip well, were definitely cheapskates!

But, performing Magic is different. You should be paid by the restaurant for your time as professional entertainment. If you accept tips and get them, that's your business. If you don't get them all the time, please don't taint the art by calling the audience cheapskates. And don't' cheapen yourself with tacky ploys to get tips.

a 'magic" bartender or someone working a resort is different than someone Table Hopping in a family restaurant.

No flaming intended!!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
There are no hard and fast rules about asking for tips. Situations differ. Magicians that criticize you for even hinting that a tip would be nice in a restaurant setting get a big kick of seeing how some street performers raise the practice to a high art. Gazzo is seldom criticised in forums like this, and yet, out on the streets, he, and Danny Hustle, and Cellini really very strongly go after the cash. Why is it right in one venue and not in others?

The problem with tipping for entertainers is that there are no set protocols in our society that people generally know about. Most people would not even think of stiffing a waitress in a nice sit down restaurant. They feel that they really should plan on giving around 15% of the cost of the meal to their server. Others feel this is low. It's kind of strange, really. We tip waitresses and bell hops, but don't tip delivery people that brings things to our home. (I know for a fact that my UPS driver works very hard and gives me excellent service. But I don't tip him because it's just not done.)

I do a lot of shows in private homes. Sometimes I get tips. It's more likely if the shows goes particularly well. But, sometimes when it's a truly great show, and the client has lots of great things to say afterwards, there is no tip. I think they just never thought about tipping. They don't tip their doctor if he saves their life, or their attorney if he keeps them out of jail. These same folks probably tip every waitress or waiter. Go figure.

I try to work in a situation where I am being adequately compensated and don't have to worry about it.

For those of you that really NEED the tips... go to the T. Meyers web site. There you can find a pin or tag that you can wear. It says: "Tipping is not a city in China."

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
If you are working only for tips and not being paid by the venue, by all means go to Meyers and get one of his buttons (get an "I Work for Tips" no the one about China}. When I move back here, the first gig I found was Sunday brunch in a upscale fast food place. Working for tips was uncomforable at first, and some of the ideas I read about, Bill in a real lemon and the notourious" feed the bunny" gag were counter productive at best. I read about using a tag on another web site and ordered one from Meyers, later replaced with a nicer version I had made at shop that sells nurse's uniforms. it worked very well for me, clarifing my place in the resturant, and automaticly qualifing clients. IF you are being paid DO NOT do this.It will only allianate the wait staff and the person who hired you.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
The late Bert Allerton worked at a very classy joint in Chicago... The Pump Room, I believe. He had a very different set up. There was a set fee to have him come and perform at your table. It was explained on a table tent card, and the wait staff suggested his service to the clients. (He may have kicked back something to them for doing that... don't know.)

Do you guys that are doing a lot of restaurants think that's feasible in today's world?

While it's very easy to say that you SHOULD receive a proper salary from the restaurant, I'm sure that many restaurant managers tell the table hoppers that they can count on healthy tips on top of what the restaurant pays them. They certainly do this with the wait staff in many restaurants. The difference is that the customers know going into any sit down restaurant that it's customary to tip the wait staff. They have no idea one way or the other about tipping a magician or balloon sculptor. The are probably more inclined to tip the balloon guy because he gives them something tangible.

If you are working for tips... it's not fair to the customers to hide that until after you've performed. At that point, they feel stuck. Al Ulman in one of his books comments on the guy that says "What's this gonna cost me?" when he first approaches the table. And, that customer is right. If the entertainment is free, fine. If there's a set fee, fine. If tips are expected, fine. But they need to know up front. A badge or tag is one way this is done.

Another approach often used by musicians that work in restaurants is to have a tip jar. It may be on their piano, or by the cash register. But they may turn on their mike and briefly say something like: "My name is Michael Close. If you've enjoyed listening to my music drop a little something in my tip jar on the way out."

I know of one magician that put a tip jar by the cash register. When he finished at a table he would say, there's a tip jar for me up by the cash register. Truly, your laughter and applause are all I need... but my kids can't eat that. (Okay, I made that up, but it's typical of the lines that street entertainers use. Delivered quietly and respectfully it will probably get a chuckle. AND, a tip.)

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
jasonmiller
View Profile
New user
Greenville, SC
52 Posts

Profile of jasonmiller
Dennis your insight is spot on. I suggest using gentle suggestion if you are being paid solely on tips. In the street, Gazzo certainly has it down.

MagicChris: your observation relates to this situation too. They are the same customers. Chances are if I don't get a tip, neither did the waiter.

T.meyers badges are great. Affordable and EZ. For the best bang for your buck I suggest using StreetTags.com digital LED badge. Make it say whatever you like! You can even program the sayings from T's badges if you like.

Keep in mind guys. I'm mainly a table hopping twister that sprinkles in a little magic from time to time. I am not a traditional table hopping magician by any means. I sport an apron that holds 1500 ballons and kids follow me around where ever I bring out the balloons. I do high volume family entertainment. When we are busy the wait can be upwards of an hour to get a table. My slapstick balloon fun helps keep guests happy and in a good mood while waiting for dinner... kids and adults alike.

My purpose is to share what is currently working very well for me in a live situation... no theories here. If you can adapt anything to fit your needs then cool.

My style of entertainment isn't suited for totally formal dining. My busiest account is a more casual type of environment.

I can tell you this though. In every restaraunt I have worked the waitstaff AND management LOVE the fact that I subliminally tell EVERYONE the sees me that tipping big is OK. Every eye in the house will eventually see this message on my digital badge. You can't miss it... and I rarely have to mention it verbally. I have been told by many waiters, "I sure wish I could were a sign that said that tip thing." haha

The servers come get me for their guests on request. Some even tell thier guests "make sure you take good care of him!" 99% of the staff knows that I make thier guests happy and bring them back. Many of them even notice a direct increase in thier OWN tips when more guests get a few minutes of time with "balloon guy Jason". Gee I wonder why???

By the way, the $5 bill that "seeds" my tip pocket is subtle. You barely see an inch just poking out of my pocket. Just enough to suggest a nice general tip. Those who work for tips will agree $5 is a nice tip for anything that takes less than 5 minutes.

Closing note... This saturday was another busy night. I had one table with two kids... made a couple of simple balloons and did a simple d'lite routine. Grandpa had such a good time the total tip was $13. Never once was a tip mentioned. During my few minutes with them he was having so much fun he reach for his wallet and added a $10 bill to the 3 ones he had out already. Must be doing something right Smile

Have fun guys!
Jason Miller
-Balloon Twister
-Magic Man
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Street performing and restaurant work are 2 COMPLETELY different situations that shouldnt even be compared. Someone owns a restaurant, they liked you, thought you going around tables showing magic to THEIR GUESTS was a great idea.

No one owns the street, you need to tug on people's heart strings to get paid.. I personally never accept tips in any situation... Its classy, dosent upset anyone (servers, owners) and projects a professional image. They wont think twice to bring their friends to come see some "free" magic.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Not to fan the flame, but how do you answer the question "Do you take tips"
For me, when performing, I'll gladly take a tip; but its rather awkward when they ASK you if you take tips; are there lines people have used? Do you folks have any suggestions?

Thanks!

a.
Logic Defied
sheydon
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of sheydon
I charge the restaraunt a lot more than most magicians - this is because I package my service as more than just a magician. Anyway, I am personally not bothered about getting £5, £10, £20 or even £100 tips! Why? If I perform for 40 tables in one night and each table gives me £2.00 tip then that's £80.00. I would rather find out more information and potential turn one of those tables in to a potential booking for £500-£600.

Having said this if Mr Nice thrusts his hand out and gives you a tip, no matter how small, just take it, it is his way of saying thanks and he will feel arkward if you say no.

If Mr Nice asks me if I accept tips, I politely tell him that that restaurant pays me very well and that he should tip the waitress for sending me over. The reason for this is that he probably didn't want to tip you, but he wasn't sure if he was suppose to. Again it is your job to make him feel comfortable. Also if the waiting staff hear you say this then they will think you are a hell of a nice.

The other scenario is that Mr Nice sends his 3 year old son over to give you a 0.50p tip whilst you are in mid performance to another table (And he will think he is doing you a favor!) If this happens you are in danger of loosing your audience and looking cheap. My advice is turn discreetly to your audience and say something quiet but sarcastic like "Great 0.50p!" then turn to the kid and make it dissapear for him. This shows your audience that they are not obliged to give you 0.50p, it also makes the kids day.

I could keep going all day on this but the bottom line is that if you are depending on tips, then you are not charging the restaurant enough, if the restauraunt can't afford to pay you more then cut your losses and find a new restaurant that can. This way you will probably meet more affluent people and get better paid and more bookings.

I think I better stop now!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
jasonmiller
View Profile
New user
Greenville, SC
52 Posts

Profile of jasonmiller
Lot's of great stuff in this post!

alym:
If folks directly ask you if you take tips then smile and say "gladly!" Smile

You can say: "Tips? no I coulnd't... Well if you insist." (i didn't make it up)
or: "Well tips are entirely optional... but they sure do help me spread the smiles each week."

Chances are if someone is asking you that question then you have impressed them. Be proud and accept thier appreciation.

Some folks find it rude when you do not accept thier tip. I know I would be offended if someone refused to accept my gratuity.

Dictionary.com says: gratuity

n 1: a relatively small amount of money given for services rendered (as by a waiter) [syn: tip, pourboire, baksheesh, bakshish, bakshis, backsheesh] 2: an award (as for meritorious service) given without claim or obligation

I like #2... Smile

Oh and about getting tipped while at another table... this happens to me all time.
I don't stand around waiting for tips folks. I thanks them for coming and encourage them dine with us next week... blah blah blah. Then off I go. Often times I will be interupted at another table by a child with a handful of money or the occasional gentleman (and ladies too) will just casually slide a fold of bills in my tip pocket as they walk by. Smile How cool huh? And nothing encourages people more than seeing OTHER people doing something.

I don't get 50 cent tips very often..haha. But I thank them just as heartily as I thank the folks who tip me in large bills.

Always be easy going about it and have fun. If they are asking then they want to tip you! Good job!

Before I used the 5 in my pocket I used to get asked "what is the usual tip?" To which I would reply with an old laugh line... "well the normal tip is $3963.27.... but I haven't seen many normal people today."

I din't make it up... But it always get a huge laugh. But I don't get that question anymore.

My restaurants know what to expect before they even let me in the door. They know what I do and they know I work for tips while doing it. You would be surprised at the qaulity of gigs I book through these "free gigs". Haha... I said my primary account is casual... not cheap. hahaha

My techniques may not apply to traditional magicians. I'm not there to mystify... I'm there making balloon animals and hats. By the very nature of what I do it is quite silly and light hearted and comedic. It just so happens that I also inject a little magic too

I often blame "mom" for the funny noise the balloon makes as I burp it... Or I might blame "dad"... So you see I'm not standing there bieng serious by any means. I am there to put smiles on folks faces and help create a memorable night.

I am lucky in that my audience truly enjoys my slapstick entertainment and thanks me very well.

Later
Jason Miller
-Balloon Twister
-Magic Man
blueboy7948
View Profile
New user
UK
61 Posts

Profile of blueboy7948
Quote:
Best advice I've read here at the Café from one Glenn Bishop, "I would say only one real show biz rule. Find what works for YOU and DO what works for YOU."

Never a truer word said. I work as an account manager for a few years for a large food company and learned a lot of sales techniques that also hold true for performing magic. A lot of it is not WHAT you say but HOW you say it. I sometimes asked for tips (depends on if I click with the table) I have a very cheeky manner when I perform and ask for "a small tip for my magic but to take me home and sleep with me will cost you a fortune." I know this goes against what has been said earlier about being rude etc, but its how you say it that counts - have real fun and a real, genuine-s**t-eating-I-enjoyed that performance-smile and attitude and you can get away with murder. But Its all about what works for you as an individual. Maybe you would be uncomfortable doing what I do and then it would come off as rude. I don't perform for tables with children on and would have to change or drop most of my routines and they I performed them. Doing that would make me feel uncomfortable and I know I wouldn't enjoy it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Tips, tips, tips.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL