We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Another option is available for the Baker Challenge Belt! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5342 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Right after I started using my Belt I had a brainstorm and figured that the thing could be made even more impossible or at least more difficult.

My Brainstorm came about during one of my performances using the Belt. I had managed to simply work the belt over my hips and off! It totally defeated any reason to have the crotch strap! I figured that if a set of suspender like straps crossed and went over the shoulders then the belt could not be worked down. The crotch strap kept it from being worked upward. The belt would be firmly in place and the locks would have to be picked open to execute a full escape.

OK, so I immediately called Mr. Baker and excitedly asked him about building this little “extra” for me. Well, wouldn’t you know it, he had already thought about it and had developed something even simpler and more effective than my idea.

If you want to see what he came up with then check out the “options” portion of the Belt page on his website: http://mrescape.com/

It is the Option Number Two: The Neck Collar.

It is simple and effective.

Of course I have ordered it!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi Harry,

I too was dead chuffed with myself because I'd been using a metal collar that I had and some chain to overcome this very problem.

I had a total of about 6 hours thinking I was "all that", until I got a call from Steve telling me about this new add-on. Ah well, I guess that's why he's earnt the title Mr Escape Smile

Please let us know how the collar goes. By the looks of things it should be an awsome little addition to an already crazy escape.

Take care,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
Accessories. What a fine concept for the magic world, or in this case the escape world. And these accessories are not junk. They are well thought out additions that make this existing escape even stronger.

It would be great if other manufacturers offered the same kind of things to enhance an existing piece. This would be a cool trend.

Good job again Mr.Escape!

Carnegie
The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Michael
Shoot! I thought I was one step ahead of Mr. Escape! I have been thinking about how to get out of the challenge belt ever since I saw it, and I had come to the conclusion that with a bit of girth around my waist, I would be able to expand my stomach when being buckled in and hence slide it down once behind closed doors. That would enable me to work on the rest of the locks more effectivly. Of course I had planned to tell Mr. Escape about this, but I wanted to wait and see if it worked first. Oh well, I have been beat to the punch! LOL! Looks like I might not be too anxious to let someone strap me into one of these monsters any time soon! Take care, Mike
*CAUTION* Does NOT play well with others!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5342 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Michael, one of the best features of the Belt is that it is a full view escape! All the work can be done with the audience watching. You use your body and twisting for the necessary cover and misdirection.

Once I get one hand and arm free, I openly pick the locks before releasing the last arm and hand (don’t forget that to an audience once your hands and arms are free the escape is over! Even if you are still tied up with 100 feet of rope!).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Quote:
On 2005-08-12 07:54, Harry Murphy wrote:
(don’t forget that to an audience once your hands and arms are free the escape is over! Even if you are still tied up with 100 feet of rope!).

Of course. I'd not even thought of it like that before.

Thanks Harry.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Another option is available for the Baker Challenge Belt! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL