The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Custom made backdrop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HowDini
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of HowDini
Does anyone know where I can have a backdrop with a logo made.

Thanks,
HowDini
Question: How did you do that?
Reply: No! How did you didn't do that, HowDini did that.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1801 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Try http://www.wonderimagery.com/ Tim Sonefelt, owner of Wonder Imagery, is doing some great work. He has a page about his custom backdrops.

I think you'll like what he's doing.

Michael
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, do look at Tim's stuff. It is nice.

Richard.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2784 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
HowDini,

If you don't mind my asking, is it for you or Raven?
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
https://magicalaurieblog.wordpress.com/
Colin Uk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Colin Uk
Hi

I have just had a roller up Banner http://www.xdisplaysystems.co.uk/rollup_banners.html made to initially to go with The spider flex.

I have been using it as a stand alone backdrop for past 3 weeks.

It takes around 1 min to set up.

The potential of having different backdrops personalised for different events is very cost effective.

The widest is 1.5 mtrs.

If you want to see a picture email me.

Regards

Colin
HowDini
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of HowDini
Thanks for the links everyone .
I took a look and I like what I see.

Quote:
On 2005-08-12 20:15, magicalaurie wrote:
HowDini,

If you don't mind my asking, is it for you or Raven?

Hey Laurie, This one is for me,...Raven has some time to go before we get to a backdrop.

Regards,
HowDini
Question: How did you do that?
Reply: No! How did you didn't do that, HowDini did that.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2784 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Good luck to you both. Smile
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
https://magicalaurieblog.wordpress.com/
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Kline
How,
Give me a couple days and I'll shoot you a pic of my backdrop - we just added to it - it is now 24' wide and 8' high, complete with three entrances as well as a video screen - sets up in about 7 min and packs down to fit a case that is about 36 x 24 x 24
not really lookng to sell these but I would be more than happy to point you in the right direction have one built !
All the best,
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
zemil
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of zemil
I am doing Rand Woodberry's Simplex Levitation for an audience of about 200 people in a clubhouse. The Levi is all painted Flat Black, and is on a 10" high platform (because of the height of the motor). My Backdrop is made of a Dark Charcoal (almost black) fabric, and is wide enough to cover the back and just a little of the sides. I am not sure this conceals the works 100%, and it makes me nervous.
I still have a bit over a week to make changes...i.e. use a different back drop, repaint the Levi, etc. ANY SUGGESTIONS from you experienced guys would be so very welcome. Someone mentioned Mylar, but I could not understand what color, and should a wrap the Levi in the same material?? I will listen with gratitude.
HELP.......
Thank you ALL.
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
Anyone looking for backdrops....
We just unpacked one from http://backdropsfantastic.com and it looked quite nice. The pictures on the site are of actual drops, not renderings. The one we unpacked looked exactly like the one in the online catalog.
B.K.Pal
View Profile
New user
India
74 Posts

Profile of B.K.Pal
Hi Kline,
I need your advice on backdrops with basic tips. Tips on roller blinds and recommended literature will also be helpfu.
Sincerely Yours,....PAL
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Kline
Pal,
No worries - I'll try to get pictures this weekend - we are moving into a new warehouse so we have a good deal of set up work but I'm sure I'll be able to take a few pics.

PS - where in India are you ? We are working a gig in Mumbai and New Delhi - planning on a May date
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
B.K.Pal
View Profile
New user
India
74 Posts

Profile of B.K.Pal
Thanks Kline. I am from Bhubaneswar (Orissa),India. I shall be thankful if you recommend some good literature on the topic. Looking forward to your forthcoming posts.
Sincerely Yours,....PAL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Custom made backdrop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL