The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ever independently invent a sleight that was already invented? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2005, Lukenp wrote:
Yeah me too. I also came up with the Halo Cut before I read it in one of Harry Lorayne's books.

Derek Dingle came up with it AFTER he read ii "in one of Harry Lorayne's books." HL.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Can't say I have Smile
OL1VERscheiber
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of OL1VERscheiber
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2005, Erdnase27 wrote:
I want to know aht a dark change looks like Smile

Olivier Macia aka Olmac put it on his DVD "Control Freak". I think they just mistakenly named it "Dark Change". In fact, it is an invention by Hiro Sakai. Hiro calls his creation "Duck Change" and originally appeared in MAGIC Magazine Vol. 1 No. 1 (1991). Also, a description of the "Duck Change" can be found in one of the early lecture notes by Dan and Dave Buck. Other sources are "The Trilogy DVD" and Hiro himself teaches the change on one of the EMC 2012 DVD's.
"Practicing is a lot like a bank. If you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out." - Dai Vernon
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Quote:
On May 1, 2014, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2005, Lukenp wrote:
Yeah me too. I also came up with the Halo Cut before I read it in one of Harry Lorayne's books.

Derek Dingle came up with it AFTER he read ii "in one of Harry Lorayne's books." HL.

came up with it after? how can one come up with something after reading it lol
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
A VERY good false cut that someone told me is in The Magic Book by Harry....something. (That guy sure gets around!)
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
When I was a kid I discovered that by curving the deck slightly from end to end I could do a half pass of two halves of the deck that were back to back (as in a stand-up Triumph. I didn't know the move was called a half pass, either.)

I thought I was cheating, so to speak, because I believed that "real magicians" did not resort to such mechanical aids, but rather they had some special knack for sleight that allowed them to know where the separation was. Now I know that what I did to the deck is called a longitudinal bridge which undoubtedly existed before I created it. My only satisfaction is that I figured it out on my own before it was published by Bro. Hamman. I do not know of an earlier reference to the bridge, but surely someone else used it before I did, or else I shall demand it be known as "Bill's Bridge" from now on. Smile
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Simple, MuscleMagic, AFTER I published it he started to use it, saying it was his. Others who were going to do a book of Derek's stuff (including some that I'd already written up and published in Dingle's Deceptions)also kept saying it was his. Because they believed him (or wanted to believe him). Simple.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Shy
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Shy
I thought I invented backpalm and the marlo tilt, and you may not believe me but I thought I invented the invisible deck, I used to perform with a plastic deck, there was a day where my cards fell in a bucket with water, and when plastic cards get wet they stick with each other, I was playing with that and came up with the idea of the invisible deck, I was a pretty young, and I wasn't smart enought to think of a way to remember which side has the card I am looking for, so I placed the red and black cards on different sides.

Also I thought I invented the retention pass (this is a coin technique).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ever independently invent a sleight that was already invented? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL