The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Downloadable Instructional Videos? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lithix
View Profile
Regular user
Tempe, AZ
168 Posts

Profile of Lithix
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this or not... but I'm new to magic so, what the heck? Smile

I'm looking for a site with instructional videos for download, free or otherwise. Is ellusionist the only company that sells downloadable movies? I know everyone frowns on the ninja business, but for me its working pretty well. See... I don't have a vcr... or a dvd player... or a television. So I'm pretty much limited to books (which I'd have to order since I live in a mundane town with little to no magic supply) or download movies. And boy do I like to download movies. Smile
Dark
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Dark
Get yourself a DVD Rom drive for your computer, they're about 50$ US. Lots of these drives come with DVD playing software.

Barring that, try danteking.com.
Lithix
View Profile
Regular user
Tempe, AZ
168 Posts

Profile of Lithix
Yeah, actually someone just pointed me to him on another forum. What do you guys think about his Practical Methods video? Seems like a good deal for $20. Smile
Tommy1324
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
104 Posts

Profile of Tommy1324
Have you tried downloadmagic.com?
Tommy1324
lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
http://www.geocities.com/mvvenrooij/password2.html
was referred to on another thread, it teaches how to shoot cards from the deck. Hope that helps.
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
Lithix
View Profile
Regular user
Tempe, AZ
168 Posts

Profile of Lithix
Thank you all - I went ahead and bought PM, just waiting for my e-check to clear Smile
Dark
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Dark
http://www.lybrary.com has "Card College" in ebook form. One of the versions also has Robert Giobi(sp?)(the author) performing the sleights.
Lithix
View Profile
Regular user
Tempe, AZ
168 Posts

Profile of Lithix
While I am planning on buying "Card College" at some point... is it really worth $45 for just the first book? Smile
Dark
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Dark
Lithix, I guess that's a matter of preference. I have the hardcopy books. But I guess as a bonus, you get Robert Giobi doing/showing the sleights and tricks on the softcopy version. That's from what I've read, anyone here have any comments?
nappa
View Profile
Regular user
new york
108 Posts

Profile of nappa
wow 445 bucks thats alot of money it should be a good book for that price!
Tolga Ozuygur
View Profile
New user
Istanbul / Turkey
60 Posts

Profile of Tolga Ozuygur
I would recommend The "Card College" series by Giobbi. It has everything about cards. You must have it to be a card man or find somebody to teach you. The books are about 45 dollars each. They are 4 volumes but you can buy them one by one as you finish. Smile Smile
Peelz
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Peelz
You could try http://outtasightmagic.com/
They have lots of great vids for free, after a test of course. Good luck Smile
arvy
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of arvy
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
[outdated link] is the only known site to get download escape instructions.

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
deuces
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
63 Posts

Profile of deuces
Sorta like the outtamagic.com site referred to earlier but I know when I started it out I used to look up

http://www.e-magictrick.com/

video demos of moves. mostly cards
"Hockey eh?"
DarkArts
View Profile
New user
Singapore
25 Posts

Profile of DarkArts
Yeah, try the e-magictrick.com
They show you a lot of card moves or what we call sleights.
Rapidmagic is great too Smile
Smile
"HuMaNs SeeKs MaGiC pOwEr WhIL3 EY lIve"
thief74
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of thief74
I used to use e-magictrick.com and they are very good. I just applied for outtasightmagic, it looks rather promising, and I am browsing rapidmagic which is also very good, thanks for the links guys!
Jonatan B
View Profile
Veteran user
Gothenburg, Sweden
342 Posts

Profile of Jonatan B
hmm..rapidmagic seems like a great site.. Smile
Jonatan Bank
Lithix
View Profile
Regular user
Tempe, AZ
168 Posts

Profile of Lithix
Well - I now have most of the ellusionist products and Dante's 2 videos.

Practical Methods was still the best bang for your buck, imho.

I still don't own a VCR or DVD... anyone know of any other places to purchase magic videos in a format I can see on my computer?
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
There are two more that no one has named yet, but all that they do is rip off of the peoples trick, so I don't know if I should post them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Downloadable Instructional Videos? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL