The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Ian Kendall’s Magic Show - Edinburgh Fringe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
Ian Kendall’s Magic Show
Café Royal, Edinburgh – 17:20 every day

I had the pleasure of going to see Ian’s current show at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival yesterday and what a cracking show he’s got on this year.

Starting with his now familiar one-coin routine, including his penchant for talking about gravity, Ian was immediately at ease with his audience. The great thing about the show that I saw was that his audience was also immediately at ease with him. I think it is safe to say that I was the only magician in the audience, so it was great to see Ian working for an audience of lay people.

The show, which lasted about an hour, also included a very quick Magic Square, an excellent missing card routine, a multi-phase rope routine incorporating – amongst others – Professor’s Nightmare and Cut and Restored, Dean’s Box (the first time I’ve seen it live and I was fooled, badly!) and a well presented burnt note routine.

My personal highlight was Ian’s presentation of “Smashed and Stabbed”, the Russian Roulette-style routine using 4 small plinths with a very sharp upward pointing spike on one of them. Every time he smashed his hand down, the whole audience took a loud, sharp intake of breath in fear of what might have happen – or may still happen.

An excellent show that, if you are in Edinburgh, you should try to go and see. Highly recommended.

Peter
:)
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
barnos
View Profile
New user
Oxford, England
59 Posts

Profile of barnos
Thanks for the review Peter!

I'm heading up to the fringe myself later this week. Among other things I really want to see some good magic. I know that Jerry Sadowitz has a show, but he seems to be booked out for exactly the days I'm there.

So are there any shows people can recommend to see? Café Royal, 17:20 is in my diary...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Ian Kendall’s Magic Show - Edinburgh Fringe (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL