We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Next Years Escape Convention... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mark Tripp
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Mark Tripp
Why don't we go to the other coast, and do Boston?

We can hit Le Grand David!

Frankly, after 30 years and over a thousand performances of the Houdini Pillory, Mail Bag, and Sub Trunk, don't you think Marco the Magi deserves the silver cuffs?

I sure do!
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hey Boston works for me, and it will be a lot easier for me to get Norm Bigelow there.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Tony, I thought Norm would be coming to the convention this year? Norm has always spoken about how great it would be for all escape artists to have a convention and this had always been one of his goals. I do hope he comes to this convention.

Ian
The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Michael
Hey guys, I still vote for Indy, but if it must be somewhere else, them I am cool with "Bean-Town". I never have a hard time talking Kellie into heading East. If we end up having it out there, I will be all too happy to share a couple of my favorite tourist spots, that are not too far from Boston, with you all. Mike
*CAUTION* Does NOT play well with others!
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Considering that I live about 40 minutes outside of Boston I'd be just fine with this idea.

But to be honest the hardest thing for me isn't the locations but rather the time of the year. October tends to be a magician's busiest season in the US mostly due to Halloween. I love magic in all of its forms but first and foremost it's my livelihood. So to take off time in October is difficult. In my opinion it’s sort of like asking a store to close for a few days during the Christmas season.

I’d love to be there this year but that has simply made it impossible.

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)

PS- Bye-the-by, Kudos to Bill Shirk for being such a standup guy that he’s donating his own funds towards the contests. While I’ve never met the man I’ve heard nothing but good things. And this appears to reiterate that!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Bill's done some great work!

I agree about the time of year. I'm booked for almost 6 weeks then.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
lauher
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
51 Posts

Profile of lauher
When I first learned the convention this year was in Ontario California, I was a bit concerned. But on reflection it is a pretty good place to have it. Flying cross coasts is not expensive when compared to flying to center of the country. My flight from Long Island to Ontario is exactly $4.00 more expensive that a flight to Indianapolis on the same airline. The hotel is about $25 more expensive than what paid in Indy last year. So the cost difference is not significant.

Having the convention near home allows the Cannon's to put on a much better show. Having it in a bigger metropolitan area means better media coverage and the potential for a large audience.

So take off work on Friday, fly out for the Friday night reception and show, stay for the main events on Saturday, stumble onto a return flight Sunday and show up to work on Monday only slightly worse for wear.

cheers and see you in California.

Joe

Who should have a the Handcuff Annual 2006 available for your viewing pleasure.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hi Ian, try as I did to get Norm to the convention this year, it just looks like it's not going to happen. He's got a lot on his plate right now but he definitely has his sites fixed on the 2006 convention. I believe the Cannon's have already booked him to lecture so it's almost definite he'll be there. As for this year we will just have to settle for him being there in spirit. See you all there!
Best regards, Tony Parisi
The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

I too agree about the convention being in October, it is a busy time of year, but with the raw magic that is in the air during the Halloween season, we all seem to shine just a bit brighter...would you not agree? I know that I always perform better in the Halloween season; I don't know exactly what it is. Now, as far as Bill Shirk, what can I say? He has proven himself as a true dare-devil in this arena. He has my respect and admiration, and I don't think that the money he is putting up is leaving with anyone but Bill.....well, mayby with one of the vendors, if Bill is as big of a gadget and toy junkie as I am! LOL! I know I am going to help make a few people rich next year! I hope Norm can make it next year. I am looking forward to meeting some of the legends, like Norm, Mr. Escape, Bill Shirk and Ian. I have admired their work for years, and to meet them in person would mean so much. I look forward to meeting everyone else that I have met here on the forum too. We, the escape artists, are such a rare breed that to get together all in one place has to be truly magical....and just think, next year we will all have our w.e.a.r. stories to talk about! Needless to say, I am looking forward next years convention! All the best! Mike
Houdini man
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
343 Posts

Profile of Houdini man
Do it in INDY!!! lol I'll live there ( I almost do ) Or east coast, much easier for me too. The idea has been brought up, two conventions!

Perry
www.magicformagicians.info www.perry-reid.com

The only thing that spererates genius from insanity is success.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Tony, what a shame Norm won't be at this one. Three conventions with Oct's coming up and Norm hasn't attended any. Two of which I have been at or soon will be. But Norm will be at the next 2006. Just my luck, and I don't think I will be there in 2006.

Amazing Michael, bring your picks and some cylinders and we can have a private picking session. Shall be fun.

Ian
The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Ian, I feel sorry for whoever has to carry my bags, I am sure they will be stuffed full of locks, cuffs, straitjackets, and picking devices of all manner! I hope that you will able to make it in "06"! Mike
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Michael, I know what you mean about heavy bags!! I just wish I could bring lathe and welder too. I don't think I will be there in 2006, 2005 will be my likely last time. Spending 40 hours in the air for 48 hours of fun is hard going.

Ian
The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

40 hours!!! Yikes!!!! Talk about jet lag!!! Well, I am sorry to hear that "06" is not going to happen. Oh well, but maybe we can still do some picking anyway. I would like to get a high quality video camera later this year, and if I do, maybe we could send some picking stuff back and forth.....a virtual pick session! I love technology!!! Well, we can talk more about that later. PM me about it if it sounds like a good idea. Later, Mike
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
I know all about heavy bags.

I an currently seriously trying to work out what to take and what (reluctantly) to leave at home. I'd take it all if I could, but I don't think the airline would be too happy about that !!

Still can't work out whether to try and get the milk-can in the suitcase or the case in the can !!

Robin
Bigelow
View Profile
New user
closer to the end than I would like to be
25 Posts

Profile of Bigelow
I heard that Norm Bigelow was of ill health and if he did go to the convention, he was going to stay in his room. If anyone wanted to visit him they were free to do so, but he wasn't in any position to get involved in escapes. Has any heard how he is?

David
Mysteriarch
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mysteriarch
Hello fellow escape artists,

I very rarely post on any site, because of my position with Escape Masters, but I have been asked by Norman Bigelow to release some information about him.

Morman is in good health, but will not be attending the escape convention this year. He wishes to concentrate on his new show,his products, and his writings. Mr. Bigelow has asked that any communication, or questions for him be directed to me at Escape Masters.

Any available Bigelow product, or book may also be purchased through Escape Masters.

Further information regarding Norman's future plans will be in the next issue of Escape Masters Magazine.

Mysteriously,
Thomas Blacke
"The difference between knowledge and wisdom is humility"
Mysteriarch
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mysteriarch
Sorry about the mispelling!

Capital "N" instead of "M". Long day!

Mysteriously,
Thomas Blacke
"The difference between knowledge and wisdom is humility"
The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Thomas, I thought that Norm had changed his religion for a minute! LOL! Mormon....get it?!!! I kill me sometimes. But in all seriousness, I hope Norm's time has been well spent. I look forward to seeing all of the products and writings that he has been working on. Please give him our best, Mike
Bigelow
View Profile
New user
closer to the end than I would like to be
25 Posts

Profile of Bigelow
Funny that you thought Norm was a mormon. Actually he is Hindu. If Norman isn't ill, why isn't he posting here?? I was hoping that his come back tour had already started which is why he hadn't been posting. Where are you Norm?? I and hopefully others miss you.

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Next Years Escape Convention... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL