The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card to Sealed Envelope Wallet (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Hi Guys:

I am looking for a "Card to Sealed Envelope Wallet" for my strolling magic act.

As for as I understand the following wallets would allow signed card to be revealed from an envelope inside the wallet:

a) O'Connel Plus Wallet
b) Beta Wallet
c) Hip Shot Wallet
d) Barry Price Wallet

Do you guys know what are the other wallets which would perform the aforementioned effect?

I understand that there have been a lot of discussion on the best Card to Sealed Envelope Wallet, and apparently the best recommendation goes to:

a) O'Connel Plus Wallet; and
b) Barry Price Wallet

However, these two wallet are priced at the higher end.

Do you guys know of other Card to Sealed Envelope Wallet which:

1) Are cheaper;
2) Can perform card to envelope in wallet effect ADEQUATELY; and
3) Can be used as a normal DAY TO DAY wallet
(i.e. it contains compartment for ID, credit cards, and bills)

Please feel free to post your comments here.
All opinions are welcome!

Thanks....
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The wallet with Seabrooke's name on it can be used for card in wallet or bill in wallet, ring in wallet, and is practically the same as the original LePaul wallet. It has a zipper around it and holds the envelope pefectly,

And don't worry about guys that say you need to see credit cards and other stuff in the wallet... believe me it is the EFFECT... A signed card is found in a sealed envelope that was in a zipped up wallet. The wallet should NOT be even thought of as a major part of the effect, you bring it out, unzip it take out envelope and put wallet away so all attention is on the envelope and the revelation.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
HOWEVER... the orginal trick... LePaul's card in sealed envelope DID NOT EVEN USE A WALLET... just a small stack of envelopes! Now that is LESS COSTLY FOR SURE. And just as good magically. Believe me.
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
667 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Vernet makes a LePaul wallet that is reasonably priced.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of David French
I know you are looking for an inexpensive wallet. Perhaps I should not mention the Forbes Portfolio but it is the very best on the market. Priced high, but worth every cent if you use it. I have used many styles and types and this one not only looks nice, is very durable (made of genuine Lizard Skin) but the smothest and most functional of all.

Best,

David
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
The Barry Price Wallet is not suitable for what you want. There are lots of LePaul style wallets available for about $60.00-80.00. I couldn't find one that had all features I liked so I made my own from scratch. It was perfect. Unfortunately, it was stolen with my briefcase and probably tossed by the perp who didn't know what he had. Now I just use one of the $60 dollar ones. Try to be able to hold the wallet to see if the zipper works smoothly before you buy it.

Kirk
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
What real wallet holds envelopes..... hmm..... I cannot think of one.

I'm in the process of creating a "non-wallet" that will hold envelopes
but it does not look like a normal wallet. more like a gentleman's "holder of important stuff". It will have multiple uses.

It actually looks like something that could hold an envelope.
It makes sense. More later when the pix are available.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Also check out "Signed Card in Sealed Envelope in Sealed Wallet" from El Duco (www. el-duco.se).
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Franks comments ring true. The wallet I made was more like a pocket secretary or Day Timer device. It had a calendar along with money and business cards and the ever important passport pocket that holds the envelopes and other important papers.

Kirk
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
If you're going to do the Card in envelope from wallet, the best one to use is The Forbes model from Bob Kohler.

Although, Pat Page says adding an envelope adds nothing to the effect.

http://www.bobkohlermagic.com
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Quote:
On 2005-08-18 10:41, KirkG wrote:
Franks comments ring true. The wallet I made was more like a pocket secretary or Day Timer device. It had a calendar along with money and business cards and the ever important passport pocket that holds the envelopes and other important papers.

Kirk

Hi Kirk:

Is your wallet available for sale?

Also thanks for all the feedback guys. I really appreciate it.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The original Baladucci was a pocket secretary with a notepad being the guide. These are very cheap in department stores... like $10
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Zhuanan,

Nah, mine was stolen and I haven't made another one yet. They take a long time to make and if you think the ones on the market now are expensive . . . Smile I went to a stationary store and bought some envelopes and then went home and used them as a starting point to make everything else to size. Then I measure about 10 suit coat pockets to make sure it was not too tall, short or wide.

Another cool thing is that is sits in the pocket "right side up" so you don't dump your cards from the slots. This is a small point for most, since you don't really use it as working wallet, but I did. That way it wasn't unusual for my friends to see me use it "only" during my show.

I also like the nylon rather than the metal zipper as they are much smoother. However you must pay attention to mounting it so it won't bind.

The Balduci is a good wallet for card to wallet, but not to envelope, only because it is harder to reload the envelope. The single side zipper makes getting the envelope in and out more difficult.

I have about 5 wallets, just to see if I liked any of the ones out there and to get ideas for improvements, if I make another one for myself. One is the BKM and I like it a lot for just card to wallet. While I have no problem palming, the Mullica addition makes for an increased convincer and covers me in tough spots.

Kirk
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
I use the LePaul wallet for Seabrookes note in wallet routine on stage. The full routine is available from Repro Magic, here in the UK.

For close-up I use a card in wallet which doesn't have a make. I bought it from Peter Robert's here in the UK. With it you can't use an envelope. I was thinking about buying an O'Connell wallet based on Martin Sanderson's recommendation on his DVD. The only thing that worries me is the practicality of having to replace the envelope after every table in a restaurant. It seemed that I would have to skulk off to a back office after every table in order to do it.

What have you guys found? I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Cheers,
TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
I know many who reload the envelope right in front of the audience when all attention is on them opening theirs. That is what I mean when I say the single side zippers is too hard to load.

Kirk
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
For walkaround or table magic I wouldn't use an envelope, but a Kaps/Balducci. That's why Kaps worked out his "Working Professional's Wallet." I find that the card coming out the zipped compartment is very strong on its own.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Pete,

That may be, but the request was for card to envelope in wallet, so I just wanted to keep them on track. while the card to wallet is stronger, sealed in an envelope is stronger still.

However, I think this trick is done to dealth and diminished in its effectiveness both by the frequency of performance and the often off handed presentaton syle of some presenters. Rather than build it like Jimmy Grippo, they just go, "Oh and by the way. . .". Some even do it twice in one performance. How do you cap the capper?

Kirk
MagicDog
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
225 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
I have found over the years, that I get a better reaction, having the card come out of the card box, my zipper, my shoe. I do use a wallet and envelop for a ring flight ending. Which goes over well though.
Make Everyday Magical
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
459 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Just received a Vernet LePaul. It will not take a normal envelope. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Get a copy of the Don Alan booklet Pretty Sneaky, though it might be in Close Up Time (I believe) from Magic, Inc. There is a great routine in there. Also in The Card Magic of LePaul is the original LePaul routine without a wallet at all, just a stack of envelopes.

Any of those are quite the inexpensive way to go for this effect.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card to Sealed Envelope Wallet (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL