The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card to Sealed Envelope Wallet (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Kingry,

While not familier with that brand, have you tried to go to a stationary store and fine envelopes for personal notes? They may be the size you need. When I made my wallet, I went to the store first and bought standard envelopes and started making my pattern from there, but I saw many types of envelopes available.

Kirk
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2005-09-03 08:14, Kingry wrote:
Just received a Vernet LePaul. It will not take a normal envelope. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Since there are so many sizes and types of envelopes a good place to look would be an office supply store. Or you can make your own envelope to fit the wallet you have so don't worry that it won't take a normal sized envelope.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Life is too short to make your own envelopes. Find a correct wallet or a source for envelopes that fit. If you live in the boonies, then send me the wallet and I will check our local, office, stationary and art stores for you.

Kirk
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
It was mentioned at the top of this post, but suprisingly not again......
so I'll do jerry o'connell a favor and tip his
the quality is amazing
plus you get plenty of instructions and tips
ok you have to customize the envelopes, but you get instructions on how to do this, complete with templates etc........
also if you visit his website there is heaps of helpful information and tips
this is the one titled card to sealed evelope in wallet for £88
although you can get the plus wallet for a bit more cash if you want to do no palm versions with the same wallet
hope this helps
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Ron Wilson made and sold a beatiful wallet that took a smaller envelope, easily found in statinery stores. Makes more sense than the big envelopes.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
667 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Quote:
On 2005-09-03 08:14, Kingry wrote:
Just received a Vernet LePaul. It will not take a normal envelope. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I have the LePaul from Vernet and I did not understand your issue until I tried a "Standard" white envelope. It is 6 7/16" x 3 5/8".

The envelopes that I choose are brown coin envelopes. A No. 6 coin envelope is 6" x 3 3/8" and it fits perfectly without folding the corner.

The coin envelope opens at the end, so tearing off the other end is a natural way to open it.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
459 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Found a source online. http://www.anchorpaper.com/retail/whitewove.htm These will fit the O'Connell as well.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
459 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Strike that order info, unless you want to pay a $40 surcharge for ordering under $150 worth of envelopes. Back to the drawing board again.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
459 Posts

Profile of Kingry
DorianGrey
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of DorianGrey
Hello I just wondered what is the smallest wallet which you can do card to envelope with I have trouble fitting big wallets in my pocket also they look suspicious as I am quite young and would never carry a large wallet usually.thanks in advance
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
981 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
DorianGrey -

Don't do this trick! If props don't fit you or the character you play, then you should not use them.

I'm assuming you are a teen or even younger and that you don't perform professionally. If that is the case, then your character is the same as your true person. You can't be with school friends and then all of a sudden morph into a new person when you perform magic - just doesn't work.

There are loads of great tricks that you can perform with a few pocket props or found items. Think two-in-the hand, one in the pocket; jumping gems, hot rod. Loads of card magic with a borrowed deck. Card to pocket, card to envelope (see early in this thread by Pete)

Don't try and learn every new trick you see or hear about. There are just too many. Pick a few that fit you and become the best at those tricks.

Good luck!

Hudson
DorianGrey
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of DorianGrey
Hello this is an excellent suggestion but a wallet is fine to carry with me just not a massive one as I do not carry a lot of money with me and it does not fit in my pocket.Is there such a thing as a small wallet which you can do card to wallet with,as it seems a lot more impressive than card to wallet.What would you recommend for an impressive end to my ambitious card routine?Would you recommend Toibox?
thanks
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20540 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Card to wallet is such a great stand alone effect. I would not dilute it using it add an add on.

I know many who do. I simply wouldn't.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1006 Posts

Profile of helder
You need only this one: JOL. Next question.

:)
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
brucewilcox
View Profile
Loyal user
Readers advised to disregard most of my
266 Posts

Profile of brucewilcox
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2016, helder wrote:
You need only this one: JOL. Next question.

:)

The JOL Hip Wallet is indeed a great wallet, but it doesn't natively support card-to-sealed-envelope which the OP was asking about. (Though if one were familiar with the Harry Robson Instant Reset principle I'm sure it could be adapted.)
...in the Land of the Free, and the Home of the B'Wave.
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1006 Posts

Profile of helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
brucewilcox
View Profile
Loyal user
Readers advised to disregard most of my
266 Posts

Profile of brucewilcox

Right, ! The JOL Plus Wallets are among the best there are for card-to-envelope. The first post from yesterday is about finding the smallest options that support envelopes (he and I have PM'd a bit), and as great as the Pluses are, small they're not (even the Small Plus). That wasn't the original question from 2005 that started this thread, and I'd forgotten that - sorry!

Among the smallest CTW wallets that I'm familiar with, none natively support envelopes that I know of. Harry Robson's H.O.W. does, but it's somewhat larger than the JOL Hip, Real Man's, Anthony Miller's, etc., class. I'm hoping that if anyone knows of a wallet smaller than the H.O.W. (which is about 130mm x 98mm x 13mm, or 5 1/8 in. x 3 7/8 in. x 1/2 in.) made for card-to-envelope that they'll post here, 'cause I'm curious, too. Smile
...in the Land of the Free, and the Home of the B'Wave.
mysticmelville
View Profile
New user
Scotland
50 Posts

Profile of mysticmelville
Hi,

I received a job lot of old wallets for Christmas. I recognize most of them as early JOL''s. Though there is one that I don't recognize. It is almost square 4 1/4 tall by just over 4 1/2 long (wallet closed). Heavy grained black leather with gold metal corners and gold finished metal stud clip. It is, I am assuming a No P... wallet with the entry point set vertically near the center on the rear of the billfold. it has a vertical zip inside with room for 4 credit cards either side of center. Room to store rear of credit cards.
If the above description sounds familiar to anyone I'd appreciate knowing who made it. It handles great and has great stitching, so I feel it could be a JOL.
Sorry, no facility to post a pic.
Any news please PM me.
Cheers, Dean
mysticmelville
View Profile
New user
Scotland
50 Posts

Although it did cross my mind that it could be a Roy Roth.
mysticmelville
View Profile
New user
Scotland
50 Posts

Here is the wallet in question. Anyone have a clue?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card to Sealed Envelope Wallet (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL