The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Copperfield's clock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MajesticWizard
View Profile
New user
Lakewood, WA - USA
58 Posts

Profile of MajesticWizard
I am looking to learn Copperfield's clock illusion used on TV. Does anyone have any idea on how I might go about learning this one? I can't seem to figure it out all that well.

Every time I see it, it baffles me. Any input would be helpful.
- Shawn

"Explore your world, its waiting for you".
C.Jakobsson
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
118 Posts

Profile of C.Jakobsson
I've never seen it... Could you describe the effect?
MajesticWizard
View Profile
New user
Lakewood, WA - USA
58 Posts

Profile of MajesticWizard
He would have you touch the screen filled with numbers in a clock formation, spell the number you were on...do that 2-3 times, and as each time passed he would remove some of the numbers. He finally would know where you were by the last time he said had you do the procedure.

It was freaky.
- Shawn

"Explore your world, its waiting for you".
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Jim Steinmeyer created that force. He wrote it up in his book, Impuzzibilities. The force is also described in Eric Maurin's "Watch Crystal" effect.
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
I heard of it before, I remember it. It is all mathmatical principals.
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Quote:
On 2005-08-16 19:24, MajesticWizard wrote:
He would have you touch the screen filled with numbers in a clock formation, spell the number you were on...do that 2-3 times, and as each time passed he would remove some of the numbers. He finally would know where you were by the last time he said had you do the procedure.

It was freaky.

Try Eric Maurin`s `The Watch Crystal`. That`s what you are searching for! but this is for close up or strolling.not for stage. I want to sell mine. but unfortunately one side of the crystal (there are 2 force times) shows the time quite bad when you breath on it. kiki
murcielago1687
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of murcielago1687
If you are talking about the interactive clock where he reveals which one you are on by the spinner thing at the end, yeah it uses a force. If your familar with the clock, when he starts you with the arrows, you move forward by any number and backward by that same number leaving you at a certain position. Regardless which number you choose it will always be the same posistion, then you mover around four and because there are eight on the board, you always end up directly across from where you started and presto all done.
James Whitney
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
As Scott wrote, it is in Impuzzlebilities.
This book only costs about $12 and is one of the best buys in Magic.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
It's good! It is easy, and it is amazing!
However, these kind of mental tricks are easily figured out if you watch it over and over again.
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
The principle behind these effects is known as the Kruskal Count (originally used with playing cards). It's described in several of Martin Gardner's books.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
The principle behind these effects is known as the Kruskal Count (originally used with playing cards). It's described in several of Martin Gardner's books.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
magicsavant
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
157 Posts

Profile of magicsavant
I've never ever every cared for these types of illusions/tricks, it all spells maaaaaaaaaaaath only solution to me.
gibson99
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gibson99
Does DC have any videos/DVDs out?
magiczak
View Profile
Regular user
Granada Hills, CA
159 Posts

Profile of magiczak
I think I found a very interesting PDF on the Café a while back that described a proof of the Kruskal count. It was pretty heavy math but it piqued my interest. Hang on and I'll see if I can dig it up...

...got it.

I'm not sure how I can share it with everyone. I'm going to try to convert the PDF into a smaller file and post it here. I'll also try to post the text in a new topic.
**Zak**
magiczak
View Profile
Regular user
Granada Hills, CA
159 Posts

Profile of magiczak
Maybe pm me and I'll just email it
**Zak**
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Copperfield's clock (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL