The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magician vest ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
Anyone have links or phone numbers for where one can purchase a vest for the strolling/hopping magi?? I have done a search already and have not turned up anything yet?

Thanks in advance.
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Found this in the "The clothes we wear" area. There's more there.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......7&11
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
I knew I was probably posting this in the wrong section... thanks.
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Daytona Magic sells magician vests. They are loaded with inside pockets. I saw samples at the IBM convention and they were very well made.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
I second Daytona's vests. I own one and use it all the time. Tons of pockets and they can even add a topit or dove pocket for you. You can choose from several patterns or maybe get a plain one.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I have a vest but find I tend to weight it down with too much stuff.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
I use a vest sold by Bob James, you can check it out here:

http://www.bobjamesmagic.com/merchant2/m......6-00-000

It's top quality, with plenty of pockets!!!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've owned and used a "Vest" from Bob James' Magic for about 10 years now. MAN, that's a lotta pockets! With that and a doctor bag for larger things, you could work for hours without repeating. Top quality vest, too. First one I ordered, there was a problem with weak stitching on one shoulder, and he replaced it.

Steve Thomas
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
Will the Bob James vest hold a sub Trunk for my strolling Metamorphosis effect ??
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
You could also try http://www.shopformagic.com they sell a variety of Vest by Kristi. High quality, lots of styles, lots of pockets, and she can give you a custom set-up if you contact her directly.

Matt
kcedelcycib
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of kcedelcycib
I've seen some pretty tacky looking vests. Glad to see some classy ones out there.

I'm curious. Vests seem like a good idea, but are there pros and cons I'm not aware of? What do you look for in a vest? What do you try to avoid in a vest? thanks.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
The Bob James vest looks exactly what I have been looking for so I oreder one right away. Will be able to review it when I get it.
Not sure about eveyone else but what I look for in a vest is places to hold props to give me more pocket space in my pants.So if I can keep my coins,pens,silks,TTs,extra cards,gaffed cards,ID in my vest then I can use my pockets on my pants for sponge rabbits,rope,cups and balls load in my pants pockets.
Shawn D
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I will look forward to your review. The Bob James vest is expensive, but you get what you pay for so often. Please let us see a review after you have worked with it!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Yeah, lots of tacky vests out there for sure kcedelcycib (check posted links for some excellent examples).

I would also be concerned about having too many pockets on the OUTSIDE of the vest, as it arouses unnecessary suspicion. I believe that some models are deigned to be worn under a jacket to hide the pockets.

I bought my vests from a suit maker and a tuxedo shop and then took them to a taylor to have the (inside) pockets custom installed. It wasn't as expensive as it might sound, and they look great. There are also vests made for bartenders which have additional pockets and look fairly professional. Check ebay.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2005-08-23 17:33, bsears wrote:
Yeah, lots of tacky vests out there for sure kcedelcycib (check posted links for some excellent examples).

I would also be concerned about having too many pockets on the OUTSIDE of the vest, as it arouses unnecessary suspicion. I believe that some models are deigned to be worn under a jacket to hide the pockets.

I bought my vests from a suit maker and a tuxedo shop and then took them to a taylor to have the (inside) pockets custom installed. It wasn't as expensive as it might sound, and they look great. There are also vests made for bartenders which have additional pockets and look fairly professional. Check ebay.

So true. I have the Bob James vest and it drives me nuts because of all the pockets on the outside! I wear it in the warmer weather. You would actually be surprised at how many people DO NOT notice the pockets on the outside. I had a friend who had came to about a dozen performances and finally said, "hey, are those pockets on the outside of the vest"? My girlfriend also did not notice for quite a while but I can't stand them! I am going to have something custom made for next year...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
GOt the Bob James vest and it is a pretty good vest. Your right a lot of pockets and it is driving me crazy not knowing where I put everything but just thought becuaes I was use to 2 pockets. The only thing I didn't like about the vest is it don't button in the front so for now I am safty penning it. No big deal I will have buttons sewn on. No one has comented on all the pocket like in the above post they aren't really noticable.
I would give it a 7/10
Shawn D
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I bought a vest at J.C. Penney and will have pockets, made of lining material, sewn onto the lining. Thank goodness for alteration shops!
Dutch illusionist
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
96 Posts

Profile of Dutch illusionist
I see a lot of childish designs are those designs for children table hopping? Too bad I don`t see a design that I like Smile

Dutch Illusionist
Magical greetings,

Dutch illusionist
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ya, that would be for if you a magician that does kids shows or watever. I don't think they are mainly for table hopping. Plus, they can use any material you give them too.
StuBeck
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of StuBeck
Yes, Vests with Cards all over it from Dork Mart should be burned!

Go to a formal shop or a good department store...get a vest that FITS!! Not oversized...cards are not that big and have a series of pockets sewn into the INSIDE of the vest...

Make sure you look good in a vest as well...get a second opinion!

Make sure the vest FITS! And have a tailor custom make your loads according to YOUR needs...what is in your repretoire??
Sb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magician vest ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL