The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magician vest ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
Tailor.....Tailor.....Tailor!

Go to your tailor with an idea of what you want and need and have them make one for you. It will probably run you about $150 - $175 for your first quality vest but it is worth it to have a vest that first fits you properly, and second performs in the manner that you need it to and thirdly looks professional. If you need additional vests the price usually goes down because the tailor now will have a working pattern to go off of and will not need to do as much work to put one together for you. Sure you can get a vest on the cheep that will work but do you really want to try and represent yourself as a professional wearing something that looks like it fell out of the back of a clown trunk? Probably not.

If you do not have a tailor that you use regularly, there are several ways to find one that will suit (pun intended) your needs, but when talking with them for the first time just make sure that you are up-front as to what it is that you want and need. I have found that when working with a tailor for the first time it is a good idea to do 5 or 10 min of close-up for them so they get a feel for what I do. Once they understand that I am Magician and not a Musician they have a better understanding of what it is that I may need and can offer advice and suggestions that have paid off well. Everything from an inverted pocket, to invisible pockets, and supports to the material so that it does not buckle, have been suggested by my current tailor who I have been using for the last 5 years.

One other bit of advice about the advantage of having a tailor custom make a vest for you is that they get to know you and as in my case get to see you grow (unfortunately out not up) and since they created the vest they know exactly how to make alterations to it if needed.
“Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics”. William S. Burroughs 1914-1997 American Writer
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
My wife sews and hates making clothes for me or my magic friends. "You guys are so picky..." I love her dearly and replied, "It's what makes us magicians and what keeps you from making sewing for magicians a career."

If you don't want to marry a good tailor, be willing to pay the price for each item of clothing. Turns out you spend less in the long run.

A suggestion... If your weight is creeping up, let the tailor know you want your vest made so that it can be let out. If you are built like Fred Astaire (when he was alive), it isn't an issue.

For those of us fighting the battle of the bulge, it will make a difference and keep us looking good even when we lose the holiday skirmish and gain a few extra pounds.
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Fred Kirkland
View Profile
New user
Ga.
96 Posts

Profile of Fred Kirkland
Vests is Bob James still selling vests or can any body let me know how I can get in touch.
Fred Kirkland
www.fredkirkland@msn.com
Fred Kirkland family entertainer & magician
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
Fred,

I PM'd You.

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magician vest ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL