The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Some riddles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Stephen Buxton
1. A man is swimming fifty lengths in a swimming pool. The pool is 25 metres long by 10 metres wide. At the deep end it is 3 metres deep. There is a straight gradient running from the deep end to the shallow end, where it is only 1.5 metres deep. How much water is needed to fill the pool?

2. The other day, I saw a man with more than the average number of legs. Explain.

3. Jack and Jane, a pair of fraternal twins, went skating one day. Jane fell over. Why couldn't Jack help her up?

4. There is a logic between a person's favourite crisp flavour and their career. For example - a fisherman might enjoy prawn cocktail; a poultry farmer's choice could be roast chicken. What flavour might an airline pilot prefer?

5. Why aren't you allowed to eat at a five-star restaurant with a pacemaker?

6. Where does stimulus always follow response?

7. What starts fast, and then slows to a steady pace; is safe to all when moving forward, is deadly when changing direction, and when it reaches its final destination can become even more deadly than before?
If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Does #5 have to do with microwaves?

Re #4 are crisps what we Americans would call potato chips? Or snack chips? AND Do snack chips really come in prawn cocktail flavor?
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
SeanScott
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of SeanScott
1. None..it is already full of water as the man is swimming. LOL

2. No Idea

3. They were skating at different locations

4. No Idea

5. No Idea

6. The Dictionary

7. No Idea
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

5 has nothing to do with microwaves.

Crisps in the UK are known as Chips in America

(And Chips in the UK are similar to Fries in America, except our ones are made by peeling, cutting and slicing only, no extra processing required!)
If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Sean Scott - your answers to numbers 1 and 6 are correct.

The answer to the skating question is a very bad pun
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:

(And Chips in the UK are similar to Fries in America, except our ones are made by peeling, cutting and slicing only, no extra processing required!)

We like to process them further over here. By frying them.
funemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville NC
225 Posts

Profile of funemagic
#2 - Lets say the population of where you live is 19 million and amongst these 19 million people lets say there are 2000 people who have only one leg and no one has three or more legs. Therefore the average number of legs is:
(2000 x 1 + 18 998 000 x 2) / 19 000 000= 1.999895.

Since most people have two legs...

#6 - In punishment or operant conditioning the aversive stimulus always follows the response.

#3 – Jake can not skate and was therefore not on the ice to pick Jane up.
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Yes Vandy, we fry ours too. We don't process them to a pulp before reforming them into stick shapes first, though...

funemagic - your answer to #2 is spot on - well done! Those aren't the answers I am after for #s 3 and 6, though
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-08-18 16:41, Stephen Buxton wrote:
Yes Vandy, we fry ours too. We don't process them to a pulp before reforming them into stick shapes first, though...

Who does that? Not any of the fries I eat. I don't really like fries though. Does #5 have anything to do with Gerry and the pacemakers?
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Nothing to do with Gerry and the Pacemakers
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
5. they generally prefer that you use cutlery (or chopsticks)
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
7. a rocket ship, or a bullet shot into the air
flobiwan
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of flobiwan
4. Plain
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

5. they generally prefer that you use cutlery (or chopsticks)Yes

7. a rocket ship, or a bullet shot into the air no - think more recreational activites

4. Plain

yes!
kirkmax
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of kirkmax
#3 they are conjoined twins so Jack is also down.
Cranial Fermentator
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of Cranial Fermentator
Kirkmax, I thought of that answer for question 3, too, but then realized conjoined twins are always identical, not fraternal.
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
Deleted because I missed the answer above to the one I was answering.
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Not conjoined twins. As I said, the answer is a really bad pun. To help you out:

"He can't be a brother..."
Cranial Fermentator
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of Cranial Fermentator
OOOOOHH, NO!

Please don't tell me the answer is "He can't be a bother, and assist her(a sister)too."

Must be one of the worst puns ever (actually I love it! )
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

As you wish, I won't tell you that the answer is "He can't be a brother and assist her too"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Some riddles (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL