The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Reviews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I rarely read magic reviews as there's not much reviewing on Manipulation. There's just not as many involved in manipulation as other forms of magic. And certainly not as much created and offered in manipulation as other types of magic. However, cards and coins get tons of reviews with the never ending supply of a thousand DVDs a minute.

Whenever I do read a review I take what I can at face value. In reviews I appreciate as factual a critique as possible. The less proof of a gift for gab the better. However, I came across this review that just CRACKED ME UP! It's RFA Production's - Home of Channel One Magazine's review of SHINKANSEN By Phil Goldstein:

"This is a throwback. It is a trick from another time. It is a packet trick that is just fun to do. I can see a smart dealer, demoing the crap out of this and selling a buttload. There is nothing hard about it. The effect is very simple. 4 red backed cards are counted by the spectator. TWICE. Then the spectator holds the previously counted cards in his hot lil hands. A second spectator then remembers a card from a packet of 4 blue backed cards. Which she then holds. A magic gesture… (You know the one I mean) and the spectator counts the blue backed cards out and Holy Bajeebuz! It is gone! The selected card that is. The red backed packet of cards is spread and Tah Dah!!! There it is. The only blue backed card amongst the 4 red backed cards. Is it examinable? Hell No! Does that matter? Not in the least! The handling is arranged so that the spectators feel that they have examined and handled EVERYTHING. It is blast to perform! About the only complaint I have about this effect is that with just a small paragraph or two addition to the instructions the effect could be turned into something repeatable…But even without this (very slight) change, the effect plays very well. I do recommend it."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Reviews (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL