The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Skinner's Edge Card Creme (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Michael Skinner will always go down in history as one of the elite of close-up magic especially with cards. I have always loved close-up magic and cards are my favorite also. When I was younger I had no problem with dry hands, as a matter of fact, excessively wet hands plagued me. But now in my 50's I have excessively dry hands that make certain sleights difficult to perform. While browsing thru the card forum, I came across a thread describing a hand cream used by Mike made by the same company that produces Sortwik. I found the company and ordered some to try out. Until this I tried all sorts of creams and liquids and while they worked, it seemed that I was always applying them because they did not last long. This is the first product I have found to not only work but it lasts a long time once applied. I really recommend this to anyone who has the similar problem. It comes in a small white plastic container with 3/8 oz. of light pink transluscent cream. The instructions are printed on a protective blotter which says to "apply to the thumb and forefinger and rub together until dry". The blotter material is there to help control excess moisture that might develope during hot, humid weather during shipping, because the product is hygroscopic (absorbs moisture from the air) in nature. This is why this product is so good and why Mike always carried a container of it in his sock at all times. The amt. of cream will last a long time and there is no need to apply a lot either. I love this stuff and will never leave home without it. I give it a 10 out of 10. I purchased 3 containers from ourproductstore.com for $4.95 ea. with S&H and received them within a week. Try some, I believe you'll love it too!! Smile

<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Thanks for the review.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Just got some today. It's excellent - much better than SortKwik.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I reviewed this in another thread some time ago. My suggestion? Buy it.
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
I found this product at Staples and bought it as a two pack. It came in a large container about the size of some chewing tobacco tins and a smaller container about the size of a silver dollar and 1/2" thick for about $4. I believe this product is sold to people who count paper money and need fingers that grip.
I highly recommend this product.

Dan
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Dan, my guess is that the product you found at Staples is SortQuik, which may look like Skinner's Edge Card Creme but it's not the same product.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Skinner's Edge Card Creme (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL