The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fire Workers / Sideshow Gathering (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
For those of you that are fire eaters:

Who of you will be attending the Sideshow Gathering this year?
I have something in the works that may be of interest to some of you and I'm just trying to get an idea of who will be around for it.

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Where will this gathering take place? And when?

Thanks,

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Labor Day weekend at the ink in the Valley Tattoo convention in Wilkes Barre PA!

It's gonna be cool.

Don't forget to bring your gear, even if not performing, but extra tips/tricks and generally exchanging information.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

FacadeTheStiltBoy

Thanks for the info...I won't be able to make it this time around, unfortunately...Scheduling and gigs, ya know.

Is this an annual event?

Prof. Piper
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

If I say no, would you come? Smile

yeah it's an annual event. And well.... Franco does one hell of a job and you can run into all sorts of people in the industry. Then afterwards hang out, share some storys.

Too bad though Wilkes Barre doesn't have much for a nightlife. (Then again I gotta keep working on beat matching from vinyl to CD then back) (if I could DJ to pay for gas along the way, why not?)
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
No nightlife but one hell of a sushi joint! Matt the Knife, e-mail me or IM or text message or whatever to me about an idea on how to get your flame started. Smile
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

I have to agree with you on that one Nipp, that was a good place. (I just gotta remember to stop by the go-ped shop across the street incase I need extra aftermarket parts that I cant find here. (still thinking about world finals)
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Quote:
If I say no, would you come?

I really wish I could, but that is one HELL of a busy weekend for me....[:(]

I will definately be sure to try and schedule it for next year though (although I was going to TRY to go to the Burning Man next year...I haven't been in a Looooong time and wanted to go)...

This, however, sounds like it could be much more fun.

Sushi? I'm on-board with that!

Hope to be blowing my famous fire-balls for you guys this time next year.

Peace,

Prof. Piper
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

You so missed out. Matt the Knife, Red Stuart and Crispy, got the world record for most fire eaters teething torches at the same time.

I lasted half as long, burnt the living hell out of my lip, that is doing ok though. I'm just dissapointed on not being able to finish the stunt.

Somehow I think that mine was burning a little bit hotter than the others, becuase I was the only one not using a kevalar wick.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It's the fuel that burns, not the wick, or at least, not with kevlar. Different fuels burn at different temperatures.

Beyond that, it's all technique.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Yeah Fascade, we all sure had a fun time and it was nice to meet ya! And don't worry, maybe we'll give it a go again next year.

Harley, where were you this year? I usually see you around for the gathering. You were sorely missed.

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I was hoping to make it , but it just didn't work out. I had gigs, and then my transmission decided to burn up, so my ability to travel was curtailed.

I hope it was a great time!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Well, if all else fails, I can't wait to run into you next year Harley. (I'm still going to see what I can do about running out to the east coast sometime soon)
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Harley,

Yeah- when it rains it pours. Oh well. I hope to see you out there next year though! Smile

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fire Workers / Sideshow Gathering (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL