The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Vinny Marini The Godfather (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
One of the really nice things about the magic café is that we get opportunities to meet other magicians like Vinny Marini The Godfather.

I feel meeting people like this is a privilege.

In these past few weeks Vinny has shared a lot of moves and ideas with us café members. Moves like his Javlin card - the Godfather top change - the Godfather palm.

In fact I have never seen a top change that could fool a video camera before Vinny’s Godfather top change. This card work is some of the best card work I have seen in years and in my opinion equal to Marlo and Vernon.

His coin work is as great as his card work and his card work is great!

Thanks again Vinny for sharing your fantastic work on coins and cards and I am looking forward to your next DVD!

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Bish thank you for the very kind words
I will be putting up a banner on the Café with all the details ...
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I second that! You couldn't have said it any better, Bish!

Vinny, you haven't sent me the demo to your javelin card yet.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
monark
View Profile
Regular user
Southern IN
162 Posts

Profile of monark
I second all that has been said!
Vinny is a great guy, and was even nice enough to take time and personally help me (via video).
The Café will only benefit from having members like him!
:)
dragonchaos91
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of dragonchaos91
Vinny you should write a book. I know I would read it. (unless you have one out already)in which case point me in the correct direction.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Vinny is like a breath of fresh air! I really would consider it an honor to spend an afternoon (or more) with him, just to watch and learn. I really like his technique and consider his "Top Gun" as one of the best techniques that I've had the fortunate opportunity to learn. It has become my favorite sleight because of it's versatility and deception. His top change is a beauty to behold, as well as his squeeze palm shift. Thankyou so much Vinny...The Magic Café is definitely blessed to have such an unselfish and knowledgeable member as yourself! Can't wait for your upcoming DVD!! And Glenn, your website is excellent!! I really enjoy it and respect your contribution to this forum and enjoy reading any thread that you express your knowledge and advice in! Smile

<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Vinny was the very first to welcome me to the Café.
The very first to offer help (and more).
The GF of magic is one of the most honest, caring, giving and stand-up guys I've ever come across.

That said, I'm very much looking forward to those things magical coming from you, Vinny. All the best.
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
What's truly amazing is that even though he is releasing those effects on his new dvd, he's still sent out hundreds of videos detailing the work and his handling. Name one other magician that does something like that.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Vinny is a class act and skilled cardician. I'm blown away by his generousity and desire to help people improve magic and their skills across the board.

Nice top change indeed!
Shalin
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Shalin
Vinny is a great guy, a very talented magician and is always willing to help a young magician such as myself. He is so creative and has the most original moves. He is kind enough to share all of them as well, which is VERY nice of him. Thnaks for helping everyone at the Café out Vinny!

-Shalin
aamwood
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of aamwood
Message From Asia : Vinny Rocks !!! Smile
Schismatized
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Schismatized
Too bad cloning isn't possible. We need as many people like vinny who contribute to our community greatly.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Godfather. We need only look to the friendship he gave Slim as an example to see why he holds the honour of this title.

Saluto Don Marini.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Vinny was the first person that I bought magic from online. His kindness, consideration and expertise convinced me to make other online purchases.

I look forward to the new dvd!

Cheers - El Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Vinny should be well respected. I love his coin work and his willingness to share...where can I find the other CARD work he has shared?
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Vinny is always there to lend a helping hand.

And if you check out his early web cam vids of his performances, you'll always see him grooving or boogying to the background music!

He took time to help me out with a card trick, utilizing his Top Gun Control, via webcam, which made things a lot clearer for me.

He even sent me his Warped and Restored, from half way around the world, for no charge at all, but for the sole purpose of sharing.

Thanks again Vinny!

I have yet to see your famous Top Change, if it isn't too much trouble, please PM me and fill me in old friend.

Take care and all the best Godfather.

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Being a Godfather is not a priviledge..., its a responsibility. A resposibility that only Vinny can deliver. Thanks for the friendship, the trust, and the little lessons in life. I will be here if you need me!

Un abrazo amigi mio,

Rannie
aka
The Manila Enforcer
aka
The Boss
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
Why does he call himself the Godfather? Just being curious...
Deal cards, not drugs!
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Watching Vinny Marini is like watching the old cardicians from the far west. He had the smell of the good old times, the quality of the best gamblers, the ideas of the top magicians and the friendship of the best friends.

All my words to him could be only about gratitude.

I could not wait to watch his new dvd The Famiglia. As his two first releases, sure this one will contain great pure magic, new sleights, powerful skills and fine routines.

Quote:
On 2005-08-24 03:36, Tielie wrote:
Why does he call himself the Godfather? Just being curious...

Just because he has been, is and will be sure, the Godfather of a lot of magicians around the world.

Mr. Vinny "The Godfather" Marini... is a must have friend and magician.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
I can't do anything but agree.

Right since I first came on The Magic Café, I have been astounded by The Godfather! He has given me very very much help, and every time I have been uncertain about a certain aspect of magic, he has came to my rescue. I have never met such a welcoming figure!

Vinny Marini is a true friend, and I hope we allways will stay so Smile

With all respect,
Samuel
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Vinny Marini The Godfather (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL