The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Vinny Marini The Godfather (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
I have unfortunatly not had the privledge of having much discussion with Vinny during my time here at the Café.

However, I have seen many of his posts, and have gained a respect for him as a magician. Vinny has an intimate knowledge of the craft, and seems to always be willing to help out those in a jam. He is one of the true gentlemen in magic.
mortonch
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of mortonch
Vinnie has sent me his videos on the top change squeeze palm etc and I am always blown away by his skill AND generosity. As this thread proves the Godfather has made quite an impact in the Café. Cheers Vinnie!
-Chris-
jkr
View Profile
Regular user
Mn
128 Posts

Profile of jkr
Vinny is an incredibly kind and creative guy! Thanks for all you have done Vinny.

I absolutley love his squeeze palm. The aplications are endless.

Jake
Magic333
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magic333
Where can we see some of the Godfather's coin magic?
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
He is great!! and on his godfather DVD he looks liek a pimp Smile what more can you ask for Smile
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
888 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
There is a reason why Vinny is known as "The Godfather". The guy's work is absolutely amazing. He's one of the very best magicians out there that inspired me. Vinny, your magic is amazing. I admire and truly respect you and your work. I use a lot of your stuff. Glenn is right. We're very lucky to have the opportunity to meet and talk to other magicians such as yourself Vinny. Your work will be used and remembered forever.
With respect,

Michael
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1133 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Well done Glenn for drawing attention to Vinny and highlighting his work, expertise and generosity. A great magician and a privilage to have on the MagicCafe.

Regards,

Paul H
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Quote:
On 2005-08-24 14:24, Paul H wrote:
Well done Glenn for drawing attention to Vinny and highlighting his work, expertise and generosity. A great magician and a privilage to have on the MagicCafe.

Regards,

Paul H

Well said
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Vinny has magic most of us just dream about - the ability to make each and every person he deals with feel unique and part of his "famiglia." Vinny tells me how much he loves magic - I think he loves people more and that's what our entertainment industry is really about. Thank you, Vinny, for everything. As always, my best. - Scott
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Scott,

You are dead on. Vinny loves people as much as he loves magic. Here's a funny story. We're at Jeff McBride's grand opening of his magic school (pre-party for the LVMI that year). We see this amazing coin magician performing some astounding coin magic. We ask the magicians around us "Who is that??" Nobody recognized him. The coin magician did maybe 3-4 minutes worth of material without speaking a word. Afterwards, Vinny walks up to him and bluntly asks "Are you a deaf and mute?" Smile Turns out the magician was Mickey Silver, and that was the beginning of their friendship. I still bust a gut laughing when I remember Vinny asking him the question in the way only the godfather can.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
294 Posts

Profile of Dirko
I only know the godfather from the Café and I agree he is a great guy!
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1240 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Vinnys the man! I look forward to his new release.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
magic_sailor
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of magic_sailor
The Navy salutes Vinny any day of the week.
n
MAGIC: for those who believe no excuse is necessary. for those who don't none will sufice.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2005-08-23 16:42, vinsmagic wrote:
Bish thank you for the very kind words
I will be putting up a banner on the Café with all the details ...
Vinny

Your welcome.

You and what you do - that is share and help others learn - magicians helping magicians - is what the Café is all about!

Thank You for helping others like me learn more and inspiring giving friendships in an often not so giving world.

Thanks again Vinny!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I know Vinny only from reading his postings, but it's clear to me that he's a gem. If only there were more men with heart like him.
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
Vinny's taken time out to help me a couple of times now. That's what most impresses me about him; the time he takes to help beginners - many magicians with his abilities wouldn't give us the time of day.

As to why he's the Godfather? As far as I'm concerned it is that he's a Father-figure to so many students of magic.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I can't add anything to what has already been posted here. He is a people person and it shows with his generosity towards other aspiring magicians.

I hope to someday meet him in person.

thanks Vinny
Magic is a vanishing art.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Vinny is truly a class act, an amazing individual. His insights are second to none. He offered his help when I needed it. I didn't take him up on the offer (I still might Smile ) but greatly appreciated it.

Thanks Vinny!
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
I would also like to thank anyone on the Café that answered a question or said hello to new comer... overyone here is great... every single person.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Many thanks to Vinny for his generosity and ingeniousness.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Vinny Marini The Godfather (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL