We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ghost Flight by Peter Duffy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
zade77
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of zade77
"GHOST FLIGHT
by Peter Duffie

Released by our friend Peter Duffy, a trick that card lovers will have a ball with. Hand out eight cards which are blank on both sides, then hand out four regular cards of the same value. Lay a piece of cardboard down that has been examined. Sandwich each playing card between two blank cards. Pick up each packet and the card has disappeared and now there are three blank cards! (No false counts!) All four regular cards disappear one by one and reappear under the cardboard! Great routine. Comes with the cards, cardboard and routine. $15.00"

If that's not incredible, I don't know what is Smile.

So, does anyone have any experience with this effect? How is it? Can I supply the four of a kind?

Thanks
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
795 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Where did you see this? I would like to check it out!

Thanks,

Robert Sixx
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
795 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Just found it -- thanks!

Sixx
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Link Please......thanks.
zade77
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of zade77
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
I have this trick. The description is accurate. Peter Duffie is a very clever thinker, and this trick is no exception. Very simple sleights--I would give it a difficulty of 1.5 out of 5. Four of a kind is determined by "blank cards" (think MacDonald's Aces). Cards that reappear under cardboard are fully examinable.
danielrhall
View Profile
Regular user
NH, where some days I feel as dumb as
181 Posts

Profile of danielrhall
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Ahemmm... where exactly are you going to do this trick and why?
zade77
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of zade77
Ahemmm...Actually, I don't know where or why I would be performing this. It looks strong, and it seems like it could end a four ace routine very nicely, but interestingly enough, I haven't even said anything about buying it.
NCR
View Profile
New user
Northfield Mount Hermon, MA
61 Posts

Profile of NCR
It looks like a very strong effect, it would definently be an interesting end to a four ace routine.
zade77
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of zade77
Yeah, but I would leave out the big card if I was to end a routine with it. It seems to me like the aces vanishing completely is a more appropriate finish to a routine than the aces traveling to under a big card.
NCR
View Profile
New user
Northfield Mount Hermon, MA
61 Posts

Profile of NCR
That makes sense, leaving the spectators completely clueless as to where the cards are would make for a great ending.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I liked it it reminded me of Mcdonalds Ace's or something like that. My only issues would be the big card. Pocket management an all. Would love here a review though.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-08-24 18:48, NCR wrote:
"...It looks like a very strong effect..."

Compared to what?
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
Just for the record, the jumbo card is not necessary. In fact, if you read the description you will discover the effect is actually taught using a handkerchief. We used the jumbo card for the demo simply because it was handy and a little easier to keep in frame for the video.

Best,
Paul Richards
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2476 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Yes does remind one of McDonald's aces. I may get one too. Definately look up McDonald aces and purchase that too. If you like Ghost Flight, you'll love MA.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Very nice. I have MA and people generally love MA. I think the Ghost Flight by Peter Duffy is even stronger if you don't even need to do a false count.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Hi magic people,

Sorry to revive an old thread but I just wanted to let you know that Ghost Flight is available again from Kaymar Magic - we bought the rights and have reproduced the effect, as it's a favourite of mine Smile
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1253 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2017, Liam Montier wrote:
Hi magic people,

Sorry to revive an old thread but I just wanted to let you know that Ghost Flight is available again from Kaymar Magic - we bought the rights and have reproduced the effect, as it's a favourite of mine Smile

Hi Liam,

Glad to see it being released again. It really is a very nice piece of magic.

Good luck with it.

Br

Jan
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2245 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Zap (and Liam and anyone else who cares to answer),

This looks like a great trick. Without revealing methods, could you give an idea, please of how we should interpret a difficulty level of 1.5 out of 5? I've read a lot and have been practicing sleights, but I'm not far beyond the beginner level. Does the trick use false counts? How does it compare in difficulty to, say, Color Monte? Feel free to PM me if that would be more appropriate.

Thanks,

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ghost Flight by Peter Duffy (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL