The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who knows famous people personally? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quote:
On 2005-08-30 00:44, Reis O'Brien wrote:
Does Jesus count?

Not very well, he thought he had 14 disciples.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I have worked on stage with Juan King, Mike Doogan, and Jerry Sadowitz I learned the most from Mike Doogan (magic consultant to the stars)
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I have known me for a long time. He's great!
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I was talking to a teacher at our school about joining one of his classes in grade 12. I later found out from my parents, who where actually friends with him, that he used to be the Backstreet Boys manager, and went on tour with them.

Npt really famous, but kinda cool.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I went to college with a woman who is a very well known TV star (presently on a top series). I hung out with her all the time, you know, doing that "I know every guy wants you but I just wanna be....friends" thing. She was so good looking guys would follow her to her car so I'd walk her out after school (this was a night school thing). She went to LA and hit big. The only other person was an almost famous and that was only because she was on American Idol and very popular on there, I know her brother well, but she kinda cooled off since her album, which I didn't like, bombed.

Oh, the TV star gal isn't nearly as nice as she seems, she is hard to get to know and wasn't the jolly smiling gal you see now but I cannot give her name as my name is known to some and it has been used to try to access her before.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Speaking of contacting famous or semi famous people. I worked with the brother of the rapper who did that theme 'we walk through the valley of death' song, Gangsters Paradise I think. Believe me, you all have as much chance of getting hold of him as his brother did. We also had a guy named Mark Atkins whos brother is Sinbad and Sinbad use to come over to the company, not my bldg but another, and try to talk him into working with him. Mark finally quit years ago and if you ever see a Sinbad show look for the producers name and it is Mark.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-07-30 21:44, Al Angello wrote:
I have worked on stage with Juan King, Mike Doogan, and Jerry Sadowitz I learned the most from Mike Doogan (magic consultant to the stars)

Nooooooo!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not the Mike Doogan thing again!!!!! It was good while it lasted but ended up being a joke with no punchline.

Best,

Tim
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
My dad dated Jo Beth Williams in high school. Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2836 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I knew Isaac Asimov for awhile.

I was able to call him up and ask about a comment he made in print concerning the lack of movies made of his books. (Having seen "I, Robot" and bits of "Nightfall," he was better off with the nothing.)

More importantly, he called <us> up at least once! (Technically speaking, he called up my wife... he could never really focus on who <I> was specifically until I mentioned her name.) Seems it was the Thursday before the annual Star Trek convention and he hadn't received a call. He was wondering if they were still holding it and since he'd never called them he didn't have their number. He <did> however remember my wife mentioning what office she worked in and called there and got her on the phone. She told him we'd been receiving fliers for the past few months that mentioned that he would be there. <They> called him up Friday morning and asked if he could be there at noon!
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Here is an odd one. I don't know if this counts as famous though. My mother grew up in Commerce Oklahoma and lived down the street from Micky Mantle and family. My grandfather was an assistant coach at Commerce High for the baseball team and also the janitor (he lost his store in the depression). My aunt dated Mantle in highschool, rumor is he deflowered her...the tramp. My mother knew him his entire life and when she died I really honestly don't think she realized he was a great ball player. She knew he played ball but it never quite registered with her who he was as a player, he was always Mr. Mantles boy who drank too much, like his daddy. From what my dad told me he took her to a game in NYC (my dad is from NYC) and my mom read a book the whole game.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2262 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Does this include Cell Mates? I roomed with Ted Bundy for awhile after a DUI and some misfiled court documents.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I think it counts. We had a driver in San Francisco who spent the night in the drunk tank with Carlos Santana (when he was not as popular as he is now and after he was popular in the early seventies).
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Yes, I've known several, but, I think it's tacky to list names. Besides, the way celebrities are pushing their way into the tabloids these days, I'd be more ashamed by their association, than by listing names of friends and acquaintances.
POOF!
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Interesting question. I don't mind listing "celebrity encounters" but I just wouldnt feel comfortable listing those who I actually know or have known in the past.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
I have met quite a few celebrities in the magic community, and am comfortable enough to walk up and say "Hey, how's it going?". Some of them may even remember meeting me.
Otherwise, my closest claim to fame is that one of my fathers buddies once dated Lucille Ball when she was unknown.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
My uncle was the automotive editor for Popular Mechanics magazine for around 20 years, he just recently retired. Not sure it catapults him to celebrity status though.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2005-08-30 00:44, Reis O'Brien wrote:
Does Jesus count?

Wow! Perhaps you could bring him by my place sometime so I could finally meet him in person Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
A couple of pro athletes, various people in the entertainment industry, and some political figures...favorite meeting, though, was the exiled king of Rwanda.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I knew MagicSanta before he checked into rehab...Haven`t heard much of him these days........
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Rehab? Wouldn't that indicate a drug or alcohol problem?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who knows famous people personally? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL