The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who knows famous people personally? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I spoke to him at floor level and the discussion was about Gwen Steffani (sp?) the singer. He loves Gwen Steffani and he got to go see her show....good stuff.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
He helped me with his KISS count, and signed the two of diamonds.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I had no idea who he was. He was a very nice guy I have to say, friendly as heck.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Simon Lovell, Todd Robbins

maybe a few more...

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Freak Prodigy
WOW I know those guys, are they celebrities? I also sat on MagicSanta's lap once.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I was gonna say this has slipped from the 'no one knows celebrities' to 'minor magicians among us'. Change it to 'brushes with fame' and I'll tell you who I wee wee'd next to at a ball game.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Brushes with fame? The director of the drama department at my High School was an extra in Truman with Gary Sinise, and is clearly in frame with him.

(And Gary Sinise was in Apollo 13 with...KEVIN BACON!)
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'll give you my 'brushes with famous' people.

All Star game in Oakland early 80's (horrible game). I went to the restroom and in walks Johnny Carson who went to the urinal next to me. "Good game" he says, me, being a real man, turned away and grunted 'yeah' then left because I didn't care who he was I wasn't showing no guy the ol' weapon of love.

Giants vs San Diego, Candlestick Park, San Franciso. I go to get the wife a soda and when I turn to get out of line I have to stop real quick to keep from stomping a little tiny girl of about five who had her arms crossed and was saying in a mean voice "da game isn't ovah and I'm not leaving". I apologized to her dad who said it was no problem and he then told her they had to get out before traffic got bad, he thanked me for not stomping her and that is when I noticed it was Huey Lewis. About that time people noticed him and started with the 'hey Huey!" so off he went.

Giants vs Chicago, Candlestick Park, San Francisco. Sat next to Neil Young and another hippy. I didn't say anything because Neil actually looked like he was having fun with his pal. My wife got mad at me but I just didn't want to mess up his enjoyment of the game....I love Neil Young.

My ultimate though was Danny Joe Brown from Molly Hatchet (a Southern Rock Band who was big in the South but I'm not sure about the rest of the country) use to go to a rock/biker bar I frequented in Jacksonville, Florida after he quit the band. I didn't like him (he's dead now) cuz he was cocky and the girl he hung with was smokin' hot (I have a photo of her still). I, one drunken night, saw him write his own name on a wall so I decided to whip his arse. In route to do so his pals got me and whipped my arse. Good times.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Hey, anyone you have to explain Molly Hatchet to doesn't deserve to know! Fall of The Peacemaker and Flirtin' With Disaster are as good or better than anything Skynyrd ever did. Outstanding band.

As for that Carson guy, I thought we weren't counting minor magicians...
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Oooohhhhhh....you never EVER say Skynyrd was anything but Gods in Jacksonville. They have Johnny Van Zant doing vocals for them now and I saw him perform when he was 16 in the johnny Van Zant Band and he got boo'd off the stage. I never saw Molly Hatchet because they were not allowed to play in Jax as they caused riots.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Nah, maybe not.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
I don't wanna brag. But when I was nine I went to Disneyland. I met Micky Mouse, Goofy AND Snow White. They all shook my hand, and let me take a picture with them.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2836 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
"Brushes" with fame, I've had several. Got to meet Harlan Ellison at a Batman convention (not "here's my book please sign it yourmyfavoritewritermrellison" kind of meet, five of us ended up in a ballroom to get out of the stuffy overcrowded main room and we sat around and shot the breeze for awhile.

Amazingly enough. A lot of the "brushes" end up being due to my wife.

At one point, we were in "The Lost And Found" which was a local bar in NYC where my wife's office would meet for drinks after work. I'd done a few things there magically and this night the bartender says; "Hey, Ed. There's a guy here who used to work at the bar here. He likes magic, maybe you could show him something." So I go over and this guy blows me away! Totally skilled, totally charming, completely makes me feel like a five years old with a Mysto Magic kit. Then he sticks his hand out and says; "Hi, how ya doing? My name's Derek Dingle!"

Right. I'm going to show Derek Dingle a magic trick. Right after I show Liberache how well I play "Chopsticks!"

Turns out my wife knew him from when he was bartending at the "L&F." Just didn't realize how important he was to the magical community!
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I hung out with Jason Newstead a few times. He was the bassist for Metallica after Cliff passed away. It was quite a while ago so I don't know if he'd remember me now. Maybe he would because I did a little magic for him.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I have another brush with fame that I remembered when I saw this gal on TV last night! Two actually....but I guess that depends on what fame is

I was on leave from the Navy, I was around 18 or 19 I guess, and I saw a sign at the mall saying an area was closed so being a renegade I just walked passed it to see what was back there and have a cig. Nothing was there. So while I was heading back out they had put up a curtain of sorts and sitting on one of those round planter benches they like at malls was a verrrry cute redhead. I, of course, set course for her to see why such a lovely lass was all alone behind a curtain, she was shocked to see me. I spoke to her for a few minutes and she tried to explain that she was a singer doing a tour of malls to sell albums and get her name out there. Being only interested in what was bending her blouse I quized her why she was singing in a mall instead of an arena etc and then if the record store was selling the albums or was she personally (the record store was). She was nice enough but things were not going well when her manager saw me and asked me to leave cuz she had to prepare, so I left. It was Tiffany the singer but to this day I still don't know what the mall thing was about, I'd never heard of her, never heard a song from her, but dang she could wear jeans...

Lastly, again while in the Navy, I was drunk at the airport and on my flight to California was a pack of kids riding skateboards. We, my pals and I, talked to them and the one kid was Tony Hawke, he was about 14 or 15, and I gave him the following sage advice "You should stop this skateboarding and get a real job because you can't make a living on a skateboard". He gave me a look and said I didn't know about sponsers, I didn't, and that was that. Just think, had he listened to me he could be a manager at McDonalds now instead of a skateboard bum.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
My cousin married cindy crawford, but I've never had a chance to meet either of them.
-Matt
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Your cousin is my hero.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2007-08-09 12:38, Jaxon wrote:
I hung out with Jason Newstead a few times. He was the bassist for Metallica after Cliff passed away. It was quite a while ago so I don't know if he'd remember me now. Maybe he would because I did a little magic for him.

Ron Jaxon

And the bassist for Flotsam and Jetsam before Cliff passed away. A friend of mine Greg Montoya, auditioned to replace Cliff. Hell of a bass player, and a good singer, too. Jason was solid, but Cliff never would have shaved his head.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Yea, Jason got a lot of negative when he took over. I can imagine that though. Cliff would be a hard act to fallow. I remember when he came back to town (He just lived about 15 miles from me) and was on a college radio station for an interview. A lot of people called in with negative comments. Must have been rough to make into a band like that. Come home and expect some pats on the back for making it then receiving all those mean comments. But now all where bad.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
It's funny, I didn't think I qualified to post to this thread when it started, because when you know famous people, they just seem like people. After reading these last few posts, I realized I know some that would know me by name.

I go way back with Kid Rock. I've known him since he really was a kid.

I've also known The Insane Clown Posse since their second album (right after Wizard of the hood). I played pop goes the weasel on Riddle Box, performed on their movie soundtrack, took photos for one of their CDs, and was Rolled Gold of the Golden Goldies (only a juggalo would know). Mike E. Clark is my dearest friend.

As for brushes:

I went to Hebrew school with ABC news correspondent Neal Karlinsky. He turned me on to SCTV.

I've photographed Cindy Crawford for work. The nicest lady in the world.

Some of The Red Hot Chili Peppers used to be fans of my band, back in the '80s. We'd get excited when they'd show up at our concerts. At the time most of the people I knew had no idea who they were.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who knows famous people personally? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL