The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Crystal/ popcorn kernal from the eye (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi guys

I was wondering how complete (if you know what I mean!) the Swami/Mantra explanation of the above stunt is? I know a lot of the stuff in there is not quite right, close, but just far enough off to cause injury if taken as read!

Cheers

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Swami mantra scares me. It seems like most of it is based on theory and not expertise.
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
David,

I'll see if I can dig the book out and read it over that section to make sure if it's the complete explanation or not. I should be able to get it out of the box that it's hiding in for ya tomorrow.

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)

PS- Sorry for the delay, normally it wouldn't be in a box but I'm slowly packing up to move to a new house.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I asked the same thing in another thread. I got no response. Hopefully we will in this thread. I tried to get the kernel in their as the book says, but could not do it. Smile
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Hi, I have performed that stunt on many TV shows including Howard Stern, Tom Green, etc. If you are curious about doing the stunt PM me and I will give you some great ideas on the handling of it. When done properly it can be a very strong effect, it has made me a lot of money so far.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Prakash used to do and sell the silver rods in the eye`s, I have done it many times as a close up stunt it looks good on TV, but for general performance is just not visible enough.

Ken.
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi ken is this the same as milk out the eye? the nasal cavity to the nasoiacrimal duct up to the lzceimal sac and out the eye.and can you do this with smoke? sorry is this eye to eye or from nose to eye?
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Quote:
On 2005-08-29 18:18, TAIT wrote:
Hi ken is this the same as milk out the eye? the nasal cavity to the nasoiacrimal duct up to the lzceimal sac and out the eye.and can you do this with smoke? sorry is this eye to eye or from nose to eye?
Slightly off topic--is milk and/or smoke out the eye a learned skill, or is it a born ability?
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
It`s eye to eye to mouth ala silver foil effect. The bars are highly polished and can be hidden / produced from the tear duct.
Not pure sideshow but a mixture of manipulation and the ability to overcome the fear of placing things in the duct.

Good close up and a specky pleaser.
The born ability to lie and entertain essential.

Ken.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
No. It's not the same thing as milk or smoke.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
But how about with the smoke and milk--born with or learned?
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I have been doing the popcorn kernel bit for about a week now. GOD, I love this effect!!! Thank you (you know who you are) for teaching me this great effect! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Crystal/ popcorn kernal from the eye (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL