The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Linking barbed wire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Great effect plenty of laughs but cant think of a funny way to link them. terry seabrooks instructions just say "now link them". any ideas
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This is situtation comedy. How would you link and handle something that will prick and poke and cause you to bleed to death. Just start playing with them and see what you can come up with. Then start performing it and see what works for you.
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Trust me I have. the whole routine is filled with gags and laughter but when it comes to linking them I'm stuck for ideas
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Stuck for ideras... you should be stuck (pun intended)... just open the key and link the darn things. Franklyif the routine lasts much more than 1-2 minutes it is too long.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
How sturdy(bendable) are these? Maybe you can just do a "Will Ferrel" with them???
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The originals are very sturdy... the current ones are a thinner gauge, but that doesn't matter.

The best routine I have SEEN the guy doesn't link them at all. But it is so easy ... read the bloody instructions.
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Read the instructions and it said 'now link them'. not very funny in a comedy routine. the only ideas I have had is maybe incorparate a saw
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Okay, go with that. Try sawing a gap and link to the hacksaw.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Linking them ISN'T supposed to be the funny... it is the MAGIC PART... otherwise do like one guy I saw who NEVER linked them. I won't tip HIS premise... but there are many ways to skin a cat.
Lord of Illusion
View Profile
Veteran user
Has his enemies stuck on
310 Posts

Profile of Lord of Illusion
If you need reasons to link barbed wire - you might be a redneck magician!
Edward Wolfgang Poe,

The Necromancer of the South
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
When I worked Kramien's "BARN" I just told 'em I found these "barbed wires" in the back room... Biggest laugh was when I tossed on into the audience for examination.
Sleightly_Done
View Profile
New user
Danville, KY
77 Posts

Profile of Sleightly_Done
The only time I have ever seen a set of these were in a magic shop. The owner had just received them. They were the original version (heavier, sturdier), he's a collector.

I have to agree with Pete, you don't have to link them for them to be funny. We spent an hour rolling on the floor playing with these things. Yes they are a little clumsy linking, but with those gloves on, who could ever tell where the clumsiness comes from.... and who cares? If they are handled right, everyone will be laughing so hard their eyes will be filled with tears....

The extra "gaffs" that come with them provide a whole host of unique opportunities. Get together with a couple of magician friends, have a beer, and you WILL come up with a winning routine.

As far as 1-2 minutes with these, I disagree. A well thought out routine could easily last much longer. They are that good!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Linking barbed wire (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL