The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Who owns the egg? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
Joe owns a house on a hill, an asylum seeker (we shall call Ali) moves in next door to Joe and brings all his pets (cats, dogs, chickens, pigs, horses, cows, geese, and a peacock) and puts them all in the back garden. One day Ali's peacock lays an egg and it rolls down the hill into joe's garden. So Ali goes around to joe and says can I have my egg back please, and Joe says we have a law here which says, anything on my property belongs to me, so it,s mine. Ali says that's not right, I own the peacock, so it should belong to me, or I will sue you for theft. They go to court and you are the judge, who is right? is it Ali or Joe?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2579 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Peacocks don't lay eggs.
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1143 Posts

Profile of TomasB
Joe.

/Tomas
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
Steve and Jonathan both emailed me with the correct answer, as the sponge stated, peacocks don't lay eggs, peahens do.
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1143 Posts

Profile of TomasB
Oh, darn. I thought it was a puzzle to get those which have heard the puzzle but with a rooster instead of a peacock.

So what would your answers be if it was a peahen and there actually was an egg?

/Tomas
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
Good point, Tomas, maybe we have some lawyers who would answer.
I know in UK if your neighbours tree branches grew over into your garden, you are allowed to cut off the branches, and then offer them back to the owner.
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1143 Posts

Profile of TomasB
Actually I think that a good answer would be "Joe" if indeed there is an egg, since if you are the Judge you need to follow the law which sounded pretty clear on this point. Smile

/Tomas
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
Thomas,i wonder what would happen if the product that landed on his garden,say it was something else that he did NOT want, for example a cart full of slurry ,(manure),cause if a law works it has to be fair,would he still say it belongs to me (ie, Joe)????
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1143 Posts

Profile of TomasB
If that's what the law says, Mike. It's his until he puts it on someone else's property, sells it or gives it away.

Personally, I think that law should be looked over. Smile

/Tomas
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2123 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Why did the Chicken sit on the roof?
Because the rooster finally gave up!!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
2hot
View Profile
New user
Sydney
89 Posts

Profile of 2hot
If there was no egg why would they be arguing in the first place...
2hot
View Profile
New user
Sydney
89 Posts

Profile of 2hot
The judge was a peacock
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Who owns the egg? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL