The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey Anytime Anywhere DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jay is starting his new magic line ( not just with penguin ). http://www.ellusionist.com has this one. 3 hours for only $30.00. B They also have his new line of magic that comes with DVD's ( like what daryl is doing ). Below is the description:

Jay Sankey presents 34 magic and mentalism routines that are all impromptu using normal objects that can easily be borrowed from a spectator. You will learn magic with: keys, coins, business cards, paper money, matches, finger rings, playing cards, elastic bands, pens, cigarette packs, books, newspapers, napkins and more. Running at almost 3 hours, there is more than enough magic contained in this release to blow your audiences mind over and over again.

Routines include:

Change In Direction
Perennial, Green Thumb
Soft Spot, Against All Odds
The Wager, Hypothesis Production
Partial Knowledge
Pawnbroker
Heat Of The Moment
Double Trouble, Printed Matters
Inside Out, Heavy Metal Vanish
Reunited
Underbanded
Anywhere Wands
Solitary Confinement
Departure Time
Seed Money
Floater
Reversal Of Fortune
Jam Session, Magnetic
The Perfect Switch
Somerassault
Here And Gone
Trial Separation
Sight Unseen
Apparition
Slow Motion #2
Under The Influence
Somebody Else's Money
Past Present Future
Also includes advice on the power of impromptu magic, combining magic and mentalism, scripting, simplicity, prop handling in impromptu settings and much more.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
This sounds like a winner, esp. for the impromptu-specific folks. Jay's website is under construction until 9/1. Anyone gets a first peek at it? What's your thoughts?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
In a way you can peek at it by looking at the Sankey page on elluisonist. He shot DVD's for already released tricks and re-wroked them. I think this is going to be popular. Brad at Elluisonist is great to order from.

momagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of momagic
Yes, sankey products will now be available at different stores. any suggestions which would be the best store to buy from? I suppose the sankey dvds will be the same prices everywhere, but with penguin they had great promotions where free tricks and stuff was included with orders over a certain amount.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Anyone ordered this yet? Would be very interested to read a review as I'm always looking for impromptu stuff.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Hank Lee just released a bunch of Jay's stuff on their website today....complete with video demos....check them out ....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
I love Sankey. He's one of the most creative minds in magic. But from what I seen in the demo. It looks like regurgitated routines yet again.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

A couple of effects sound intriguing. But I'll wait and read what other people have to say. Sad to say, but I'm not willing to take one for the team on this one. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
p:m
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Profile of p:m
So does anyone have this DVD yet?

I have rushed many sankey products and have been disapointed with many as well. I wanna read up on this one first..
<BR>www.petermckinnon.com
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Magic management has been selling MANY sankey products for quite some time....even the ones we don't really hear abou anymore
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Okay, so I am taking one for the team. I bought the thing. I'll post my thoughts when I receive it.

People go on about how lame a lot of his stuff is. But I always find at least three or four good effects on most of his dvds. Stuff that I actually use, not just speculate about using.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Thanks cfrancis......you doing us a favor as though getting Sankey products can be a gamble as to jackpot or duds.
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Very true. However, Front Row Sankey was very good and that is a recent dvd. So maybe they'll be a couple of gems on this one. I will post a review later in the week.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
According to Jay Sankey, impromptu work is the most valuable, commerical and closely-guarded information there is. After watching Anytime, Anywhere, I feel that the dvd is your typical Sankey's style magic - the sleights/coin moves are the ones you see in most of his previous dvds. So if you know the moves, this dvd is really fun to watch and to perform for layperson(s). Jay has some very interesting impromptu stuff in this dvd and I think I can for sure use at least a dozen out of 34 tricks he demonstrates.

As I'm watching the dvd, the following effects have left some impressive impression on me. They are Change in Direction (with 3 business cards), Perennial (vanishing matches), Against All Odds (3 freely selected cards all appeared in your pocket), Partial Knowledge (an interesting variation of the 3 card monte effect), Heat of The Moment (rubberband and pen effect) , Departure Time (a pair of aces jump from your hands back to the deck), Jam Session (the coin in the pen cap), and Apparition (using Mercury card fold). Of course, my selections are based on my own strength and preferences.

What about your favorite tricks out of Anytime, Anywhere?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Thanks, evolve629. How about Slow Motion Coins #2? I really liked Slow Motion Coins off of Front Row Sankey. Is the new streamlined handling good?
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

This DVD is awesome by the way. I wasnt expecting much but it delivered!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

The dvd definitely delievers. It's a steal at $30. Some repeats but he improves on a lot of the old handlings. A lot of good material in here.

By the way, anyone else having problems playing Underbanded. That chapter totally freezes up in my player.
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

In my xbox it was going kinda weirdo on me. But in my computer it is fine.

The DVD is awesome though. I thought it would suck but its really good.
vago
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
116 Posts

Profile of vago
Still waiting for a review - any1 ?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-09-10 14:43, vago wrote:
Still waiting for a review - any1 ?

Go here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......11&6

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey Anytime Anywhere DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL