The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » She's making me wear the "Magic tie"! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Marty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Marty
Hi All: Yes it's true, I'm doing a show for my brother-in-law's wedding rehearsal dinner, and my wife insists that I wear the "Magic Tie". You know the one I'm talking about. It's the one with all the magic stuff on it--rabbits coming out of top hats, magic wands, decks of cards, etc. I'll be honest with you, I do sometimes wear it for my kid shows, but I hadn't planned to put it on for an adult gathering, let alone in front of all the in-laws! At first, I said "No way!", but she's talking about cutting off my magic funds if I don't comply.

So, here's the question: If I go through with wearing the tie, what good jokes should I tell to show my displeasure (disgust) with the tie, and show that it wasn't my idea to wear the tie to such a gathering?
Help me out here, I know I'm on shaky ground having the tie hanging around in the first place. I should have "lost" it long ago. Any ideas? Thanks, Marty.
dragonchaos91
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of dragonchaos91
Lol, well looks like your in a bind. You could "accidentally" loose the tie into the fireplace, or the furnace. Or you could just stick a sign on your tie saying "This wasnt my idea". But seriously I don't know which tie your talking about so does it have a face of a card on it. If so you could force a card and do a mentalist type thing. Sorry that's all I can think of. Also can she really cut off your magic funds? That sounds kinda mean.
Sorry I'm not much help, keep in touch.
- Brett
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Tie Jokes. huh maybe you can Tie one on with it. let alone Tie-p with it. maybe someone else will have something like it and the two of you can be in a Tie meaning race etc. what is your style and what does this tie look like. Don,
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
Have you got the popup tie gimmick? That could give you the full measure of humiliation.
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Tell people, "We just came here straight from being at the carnival- - as you can see, the guy couldn't guess my weight!"
or
"This was a gift from Stevie Wonder."
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Tell your wife that you will wear the tie...if she wears the skimpy red Magician's Assistant outfit. You know, with the black net stockings.
Marty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Marty
Hi all: Thanks for the ideas! Any other thoughts--I've got until the end of October (around Halloween) to come up with something. Marty
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11963 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
You found it at a thrift store.................
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
If she is truely holding the magic purse strings, have her get you the Costume Quick Change Book from Germany.

There is a great bit on changing a formal tie as well as the Bow Tie Bit.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Man up and tell her you'll wear whatever you want to wear!

Lyndel
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
581 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
If you maintain an attitude that says "It's cool", "this is a happening tie", it may go over well and add some interest to the gathering. Bring your favorite walk-around trick and do some after the subject of the tie comes up. If you do them well you will sell the tie.

One question. Most wives would forbid their husbands from wearing a really gauche tie. Why does she want you to wear it?
Marty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Marty
Hi All: Actually, the tie is quite modest for a "Magic Tie", but I think for this group of people it really screams out that "here's the magician". I may be wrong, and it could work out fine--Everyone could love the tie. I quess, I don't want to take any chances. Marty
cashy001
View Profile
New user
lincoln
42 Posts

Profile of cashy001
If I didn't like the tie I would do I cut and restored but do it all wrong and there you go no tie
love me love my magic
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
One word: divorce.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17012 Posts

Profile of joseph
Hold it up, look at it, and say, "Stupid Ebay." .....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Marty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Marty
Hi: Thanks--Actually, Ebay is where it was purchased.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
You should be able to get something nice out of this one.
I like the idea of making her have to wear something too.
It may make her change her mind.
Daniel Faith
Marty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Marty
Hi: I don't think that's going to happen. Marty.
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
You can say "you should see my boxer shorts!"
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
Marty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Marty
Hi: That's useable! Thanks, Cabrera. Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » She's making me wear the "Magic tie"! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL