The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Tricks For Food (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I saw the review in last month's Linking Ring for a new paper fold comedy effect similar to Grave Mistake, but this one uses words instead of pictures. Has anyone gotten this yet, and what do you think of it? I'm wondering how big the letters are and if it's readable from any great distance or not. Also, the review mentioned a similar effect where some pipes end up as a toilet for the punchline. I've not seen this one yet, and wonder if anyone knows what that one is called. Thanks!
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
I've used the "Will Do Tricks For Food" sign in an act before (it was homemade though). I got the idea from the ad in Genii. I only used it once because I really couldn't figure out WHERE to add it in an act.
Just my 2 cents...
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Thanks for the reply, Jonton. Anyone else seen this or used it?
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I bought one... Have not used it yet. I probably will never use it as a part of my regular show, but thought that it would make a great little time killing MC bit for future use.

Lyndel
phaddad2
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of phaddad2
It seems like a good MC bit.
Pete H.
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
I saw Tom Vorjohan (the creator) demo it at the IBM this summer in Reno... lots of laughs, and well made.
Harry the Clown
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Harry the Clown
I have started using it in my children's shows! And its great!
I know when I am entertaining the children the parent's are having a good laugh too so at the end of the show before I produce my Rabbit for the kids to pat, I pull out the "tricks For Food" as I final little note to the parents and it always gets a laugh, no magic but a really good gag!
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
It seems like it would be funny in the middle of a show while explaining that you were trying to find a title for todays magic show. I guess its more my style since I prefer a healthy dose of comedy and some magic for my effects.
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Tom Vorjohan is a close friend of mine. I have seen him use this several times in the past and when it was released I just had to get one. I use it in most of my stand-up shows and it kills. I tend to use it during my welcome just after my opening routine. Tom and I have discussed possibilities for this gag and discovered that it probably kills for us because we are both bigger guys. Anyway, it is a great gag and I give it an A++.

Matthew
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Magicshore
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Magicshore
I have often used " Will work for food " and I have it hanging up on a display easel at the beginning of my show off to the side but visible to the audience. After performing 4 or 5 tricks I casually mention that people often come up to me and ask if I have a website but that I haven't up to this time but am constructing one presently. That's when I take the " Will work for food" off the display easel, hold it in front of me and I tell the audience that this is what I've written so far. I ask them what they think and that's when the audience starts giving me the " It's a little wordy" or " so so " critique. Then I proceed to start the folding and get more agreements to each new wording. Just before I make the last fold I comment " You know, there's only one thing that I really need to say to sum up what my act is all about" The last fold is completed and I give that pathetic homely look as they read the gag line. gets a good laugh.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Tricks For Food (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL