The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Cage/Kenneling systems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Just a short post to pass on an experience...

I would NOT recommend FenceMaster's Kennel in a Box.

I bought one a while back to give my cats (house variety) a safe place to play outdoors...They aren't allowed to roam free, but love to be outside...

I figured the four foot tall FenceMaster product would give them a nice little play area right?

Sure, after the FIASCO of putting the da*n thing together...It is a freaking MESS...

It's difficult to do alone and not much easier with two...I DO NOT recommend this product what-so-ever.

I DO, however, endorse their pre-built larger kennel systems (I currently have 5 of their 10'x6' models that I used as pre-made fencing panels to build a 1500 sq.ft. kennel for our dogs.)...

Just thought I'd give a heads up on their 4' in a box model....

It stinks!

Prof. Piper (who is nursing a cut finger)
:juggle:
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hey Prof~
Thanks for the tip. I had looked into a type of kennel system for my beloved dog, Misty. She also loves to be outside but hate the thought of a chain so she barks...I get out of my chair...leaswh.....we go for a walk. LOL Works so far but would love to let her run a bit outside! Thanks again!
Tony
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
No problem Tony...

Like I said, their pre-built panels are a BREEZE to assemble and work with...I have 5 (which means 15 solid panels and 5 door panels)...These hold up very well to abuse, moving, and re-assembling...I've moved my kennel about 4 times now and have only minimal wear&tear...(Normally just re-securing the bottom of the fencing to the frame mainly)....The door latches are secure so it's safe as well. They are also easy to join together (which I did) so you can increase square footage without much expense.

Prof. Piper
:juggle:

P.S. If you have a Home Depot or Lowes Home Improvement in your area, ALWAYS ask the guy who runs the "Lawn and Garden" section if they have damaged kennels for sale...Often the pre-made stuff gets damaged slightly by the fork-lifts they use to unload them...If they are damaged, they'll sell them to you for deep discounts...I got 3 of my five kennels for half price!
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hey Prof~
Thanks for the tip! I will check that out. Gotta love a bargain!!! Smile
Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Cage/Kenneling systems (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL