The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tell Tell Water by Devin Knight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I recently received Tell Tell Water by Devin Knight. The effect is premised on the hydrostatic glass effect but is far superior and much more deceptive and entertaining.

You ask a spectator to select a card. No force. You can use other items as well. YOu can be very creative in the items that the spectator can select from and can make this effect truly a bizzare magic performance piece. You then ask the spectator to think of the card and to touch the water that is in a pitcher resting on the table. You state that the water has now acquired the name and power of the spectator's thought of card. You then pour the water from the pitcher into a glass jug. You invert the jug over the pitcher and the water remains suspended in the jug.

You then ask the spectator to announce the color of the card. The spectator says red and the water starts to pour out of the jug. Immediately you say black and the water stops while the jug is still inverted. You then say red and the water starts to pour again until you say black and the water stops again.

You continue by asking the specatator t oannounce the suit of the card. When the spectator says the suit of the card, the water flows again and when you state another suit, the water stops.

Finally, you ask the spectator to state the value and suit of the card and as soon as the spectator does so, all of the water flows out of the still inverted jug.

Ths is an excellent effect beyond the typical hydrostatic glass. Nothing is added or taken away from the jug. The jug looks like a regular or antique type of glass jug that is totally unsuspicious looking. This is a very entertaining, unsusual and visual effect. It is my udnerstanding that due to the fact that these glass jugs are difficult to find, they will be available on a limited basis. I highly recommend Tell Tell Water.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Is there much difference between this and the Aerostatic Milk Bottle?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Rooman, the working is the same except the smaller bottle doesn't hold enough liquid to allow for all the questions you ask the water. You need a half gallon jug to do it properly. For example it is really cool when you say Red and nothing happens, then you say black and water gushes forth and THEN STOPS when you yell RED. The large jug allows for you to do this several times with the color, suit and values of the card and really sells the effect.

Also these bottles are almost darn new unbreakable. I managed to locate the thickest and heaviest glass bottles possible. By accident I dropped on unloading my show and it fell 3 feet to a cement pavement and didn't even crack. These bottles will hold up. The effect can be seen from the largest stages and is currently part of my road show act.

These bottles are very difficult to come by and the run is very limited. When these are sold out I doubt I can get more.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Clarification: I want to clarify something that Michael says. The performer names each of the suits and colors and the water flows upon the correct words being spoken. AS FAR as the audience is concerned NOBODY including the magician knows the selected card except for the spectator. The water reacts to the spoken word and flows gushes forth (a reaction)when something pertaining to the card is mentioned. If not the water stops. It is possible for the specator to call out all 4 suits himself and the water will act as a truth dectector and flow when he calls the suit he selected.

Currently only available from Hocus Pocus & Doug Tilford Magic
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Devin, thank you for the clarification. I do not have the Aerostatic Milk bottle so I cannot honestly compare the two. However, sicne I do have Devin's Tell Tell Water I can honestly say that the glass jug that is provided is heavy duty and will not easily break or crack. So if you or anyone else is concerned about getting this effect because it uses a glass jug, all I can say is don't be concerned. It is a very large jug that holds a half a gallon of water. Since it can hold so much water, the routine that is suggested and completely explained by Devin in the instructions can easily be accomplished. The same effect cannot be accomplished by the Aerostatic Milk bottle if the milk bottle holds much less liquid than this jug.

In addition, you can purchase separately a certain book that Devin talks about in the insturctions that can be used in conjunction with this effect and routine that will elevate this effect to a theatrical and emotional performance.

As I stated previously, the effect can be turned into an unsual piece of bizzare magic or a unique magic effect for children for the upcoming Halloween shows.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I hope to get my hands on this effect.....many possibilities.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
My order is in. I hope it's worth it.
I've been looking for a good hydrostatic effect.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
My Tell Tell Water arrived today. My first reaction was disappointment when I looked at what I got, but after reading the directions and trying it out I'm very happy with it. It's a clever design. It will be easy to work with and should be a great effect.
Cartelli
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Cartelli
My Tell Tell Water arrived today thouht am dealer in Germany. It worked ok, but there was no instructions with it. How can I fill the bottle in front of the audiance without an overflow of water? Or should I start with a filled bottle and how should I shut the "spot".
Beside these handling questions I think the effekt looks great.
Cartelli
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Cartelli
Devin, thank you for your immediatley answer and the instructions. The presentation idea is great and after a little testing it will be easy to perform.
At first I had problems with the filling of the bottle, as I tried to fill it with another bottle instead of a pitcher. Now everything works fine and it is a very outstanding effect.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Glad you enjoyed it. This is a regular feature of my show and always seems to play well with the audience. It's one of those unusual effects they haven't seen before.
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Quote:
On 2005-08-30 09:09, magicinsight wrote:
I recently received Tell Tell Water by Devin Knight. The effect is premised on the hydrostatic glass effect but is far superior and much more deceptive and entertaining.

You ask a spectator to select a card. No force. You can use other items as well. YOu can be very creative in the items that the spectator can select from and can make this effect truly a bizzare magic performance piece. You then ask the spectator to think of the card and to touch the water that is in a pitcher resting on the table. You state that the water has now acquired the name and power of the spectator's thought of card. You then pour the water from the pitcher into a glass jug. You invert the jug over the pitcher and the water remains suspended in the jug.

You then ask the spectator to announce the color of the card. The spectator says red and the water starts to pour out of the jug. Immediately you say black and the water stops while the jug is still inverted. You then say red and the water starts to pour again until you say black and the water stops again.

You continue by asking the specatator t oannounce the suit of the card. When the spectator says the suit of the card, the water flows again and when you state another suit, the water stops.

Finally, you ask the spectator to state the value and suit of the card and as soon as the spectator does so, all of the water flows out of the still inverted jug.

Ths is an excellent effect beyond the typical hydrostatic glass. Nothing is added or taken away from the jug. The jug looks like a regular or antique type of glass jug that is totally unsuspicious looking. This is a very entertaining, unsusual and visual effect. It is my udnerstanding that due to the fact that these glass jugs are difficult to find, they will be available on a limited basis. I highly recommend Tell Tell Water.

Michael

any demo video for this trick?
Jubin
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Jubin
Thanks for those comments on Tell Tell Water. I was looking for a review and I found almost nothing on the net about it. I would be glad to see a video as well before buying it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tell Tell Water by Devin Knight (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL