The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring to Impossible Location (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
326 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
I'd love to hear any ideas for killer "finger ring to impossible location". Needs to be visual, instantly reset for table hopping and strolling and take up minimum pocket space and......err....not involve a reel !
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Go to http://www.porperoriginals.com and buy Just IN Case. No reel... Impossible trick.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
326 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Mr Biro, you mentioned a while ago a Gaeton Bloom routine for the Porper Strong Box. Is this available yet ?
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
469 Posts

Profile of martysh
I would like to know if this out too... The picture in the trade magazines is intriguing... I would like to know a bit more how the routine is so humorous.. I see the paper bag.. I can guess the ring is inside the porper box.. but is this all the the comedy with this trick.. a paper bag sight gag. I am really close to springing for this but own a myriad of Lippincott boxes.. I would like to know how the prop enhances the routine

Thanks for any comments in advance

Marty
Greenville SC
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
1. Ring to pierced ear
2. Ring to pierced nipple
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Marty... I sent you an email... let us know (here) what you think of it.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4996 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
David Harkey´s: Mover & Shaker is an amazing routine with a ring. I recommend it very much. He did the routine for a group of magicians in sweden 1994. I had no clue how he did that. He did it flawless...
martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
469 Posts

Profile of martysh
The Gaeton Bloom routine for the Joe Porper strong box is really terrific. Embarrasingly as I attempt to put more work in my effects this one is almost (and excuse the expression here) self working. But the comedy/ drama more than makes up for the simple working...there are a few precious moments that more than make up the lack of handling...(though the strength of the magic is not really diluted). Commercial message.. you need the Porper Box to do it. Here in Greenville we have a guy who was selling a paper grocery bag with a lock and hasp on it..or it was in his notes. This routine takes off on it by using a paper lunch bag made up the same way which beautifully can play smaller which I think is the right audience for this 5 to 10 or so....again there are lots of good moments in this they play well.. one of the best is that you draw a slot on the bag and use it to put the borrowed object inside ...and guess where it lands? but I don't want to give it all away...It is a nice rather modern type trick that allows one to spend more effort presenting then working.. what we call down here a "valium trick" a good middle trick by my mind. I am encouraged to spring for the box to have fun playing with this. Gaeton Bloom surely has worked this out to some great success. Again the only problem you might have is that it is almost too ...selfworking

Thanks Pete for the peak.

Marty
SoundWave
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of SoundWave
I saw a ring to ear^ring on television. It was a nice effect.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I just recieved Porper's Strong Box...

And it is fantastic. The routine kills, and the craftsmanship is top notch!

WOW.

RevJohn
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Glad you like it. Gaetan did it in his lecture at FISM and Porper SOLD OUT OF THEM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring to Impossible Location (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.84 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL