We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Need Ancient illusions myths legends and History (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eros
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Eros
Hey

I desperately need some guidance here everybody. I need Old illusions that may be unexplained that date way back in history. They need not be explainable at all. In fact I am looking to just get great storys that mystified people in history.

For example the Egyptian priest who carved an alligator out of wax and then brought it to life. Then the alligator chased down his cheating wife and killed her.

Or the magician who used the disappearing box to escape the a king who would not let him leave the country and had to spend days in a confined space until he was shipped out of the country.

If you know of these legends or if you know there is an actual contactable person, I would greatly indebted to you.

Thank you

Dave
Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Have you checked out Joeseph Campbell's "The Power Of Myth" DVD? That's the history of most cultures myths right there. I don't know if that helps. There will be stories like the story of Osiris, etc.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Quote:
On 2005-09-21 00:12, T-RAY wrote:
Have you checked out Joeseph Campbell's "The Power Of Myth" DVD? That's the history of most cultures myths right there. I don't know if that helps. There will be stories like the story of Osiris, etc.

How could you make duplicate post with 5 minutes interval?

Hideo Kato
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Thanks to my ancient computer, anything is possible! I had it do this 15 minutes apart before?! I don't know what's going on, but I apologize.
Clay Shevlin
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of Clay Shevlin
Eros: you may want to be more specific about your scope of inquiry. As currently stated, if you mean the question so broadly, you should look into the Bible and all other world religions for starters. Clay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Need Ancient illusions myths legends and History (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL