The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic life (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I'm going to leave the issue of what is/isn't real magic aside for a minute. First and foremost, we are entertainers. It is our JOB to make you believe in magic. Some of the best magicians in the world are very, very good at this.

Although I agree that every person is entitled to a private life, that life is often open to scrutiny as you become more and more popular. If you are a rock star, all night parties and heavy drinking may be accepted as part of the lifestyle we have come to expect.

This may not be the case for a family entertainer. This is because the audience is different and the audience expectations are different. So, the key question is what would your clients and spectators think of your behaviour in private life?

As a hypothetical example, let's pretend that I go out one night and get really, really, really drunk in one of the local bars. That same night, I run into a past client of mine for whom I had performed previously. Let's assume I did a birthday party for his kid. How likely do you think it is that he is going to recommend me to others? or to hire me back the following year?

This is not to say that I live the life of a priest. All I'm saying is ... everything in moderation.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
mouliu
View Profile
Regular user
Hongkong/Taiwan
169 Posts

Profile of mouliu
Robertk4u,

Practice more, think more, perform more, expose yourself to different kinds of magic more. One day, you may LOOK LIKE a mystics as they do.

Good luck.

btw, hey ABC, your show on last weekend was really good. I and my layperson friend enjoyed it very much.
A novice't reflection: I like watching my audience's jaws drop, but sadly in reality I'm just too busy to enjoy it. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic life (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL